DON'T GO TO THE MAYAN PALACE OR OTHER MAYAN RESORTS

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Mayan Palace Sucks
DON'T GO TO THE MAYAN PALACE OR OTHER MAYAN RESORTS

Post by Mayan Palace Sucks » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:36 am

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently visited the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta for a time share presentation and tour of the facilities with my wife. Unfortunately, our experience with Mayan Resorts was horrific. I am writing in the hope some changes are made in staffing and policies at the Mayan Resorts to keep our terrible experience from being repeated with other potential buyers.

My wife and I were met with our salesman,John (from Canada), and stated at the beginning of the meeting that we had a sailing trip scheduled for 1:30 pm and could not miss it. It was only 10:30am, and we were told it would not be a problem...

We enjoyed the tour and breakfast was adequate, but as 1pm came closer, we told John we would need to leave shortly. He understood and got a manager named "Dave" involved. "Dave" was a weathered, late 50's to early 60's man who actually got angry with my wife and I because we were not willing to stay longer than two and a half hours, when 90 minutes was the quoted time. But Dave's negative attitude apparently infected some of his underlings. We met with another managershortly after to discuss our 'experience' at the Mayan Resorts. His name was "Simon," who was a complete prick. "Simon" was a thirty something, caucky asshole who accused my wife and I of attending the presentation for free stuff and leaving. News flash asshole: Mayan resorts 'give away' free stuff in exchange for '90' minutes of people's time. The senior sales staff were rude and demeaning to us, raising their voices, and yelling, "you shouldn't come if all you wanted was the free stuff."

To add to the current situation, my wife and I were told we would not be given golf cart service back to the entrance and we would have to find our own way back. We were forced to walk outside nearly a mile back to the entrance with hot temperatures and high humidity. THIS WAS A MEAN, SPITEFULL, AND HEARTLESS THING TO DO! MAYAN PALACE SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

This experience with the Mayan Palace, and Mayan Resorts more broadly, was extremely unpleasant. I would be happy to go into further detail with anyone interested to make sure this does not happen to anyone else. Furthermore, I will continue to share this experience with others in the hope they do not have to experience Mayan Resort's poor customer service first hand.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

It's Not the Mayan Place, its just their timeshare salesmen.

Post by ronald » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:39 pm

Welcome to the club. We did the timeshare sales thing at the same place two years ago, or was it three). Anyway, we had every intention of buying a timeshare, not necessarily for the Neuvo Mayan Palace, but to be able to exchange. The guy who was also introduced to us as 'John' from Vancouver is apparently still there. I understand they try to upsell you to buying a bigger piece of the pie, but we didn't want that. The next level of salesman was worse, I agree, and the last guy, dressed with all those gold chains was what you described, I just won't write them down. Plus a 90-minute turned into a 4 hour thing. We were so turned off and mad, that a guaranteed sale from the start turned into a 'we don't want it now if you give it to us'. . That's how it ended. Their final attempt to sell was to offer what we were really after, and by that time we told them to shove it period. It appears to be a nice place though.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:55 am

My BAD experience at the Mayan Palace (Nuevo Vallarta) timeshare presentation was almost 5 1/2 years ago. In summary: same story, same character roles, just different faces!

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

simon

Post by chico98 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:06 pm

His name was "Simon," who was a complete prick. "Simon" was a thirty something, caucky asshole who accused my wife and I of attending the presentation for free stuff and leaving. News flash asshole[/img]
this simon english by any chance??

Re: simon

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:10 am

Nope. American with brown hair and medium build.
chico98 wrote:
His name was "Simon," who was a complete prick. "Simon" was a thirty something, caucky asshole who accused my wife and I of attending the presentation for free stuff and leaving. News flash asshole[/img]
this simon english by any chance??

Re: It's Not the Mayan Place, its just their timeshare sales

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:15 am

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sounds hauntingly familiar. I agree it seems like a nice place...but first impressions are huge, and telling.
ronald wrote:Welcome to the club. We did the timeshare sales thing at the same place two years ago, or was it three). Anyway, we had every intention of buying a timeshare, not necessarily for the Neuvo Mayan Palace, but to be able to exchange. The guy who was also introduced to us as 'John' from Vancouver is apparently still there. I understand they try to upsell you to buying a bigger piece of the pie, but we didn't want that. The next level of salesman was worse, I agree, and the last guy, dressed with all those gold chains was what you described, I just won't write them down. Plus a 90-minute turned into a 4 hour thing. We were so turned off and mad, that a guaranteed sale from the start turned into a 'we don't want it now if you give it to us'. . That's how it ended. Their final attempt to sell was to offer what we were really after, and by that time we told them to shove it period. It appears to be a nice place though.

billybob
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by billybob » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:07 am

We did the Paradise Village TS and they were no pressure.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:59 pm

I've commented on this to some extent before. I have NO trouble saying no to anyone, for anything. I think some of us may be more aggressive/assertive than others, while some of us have a higher tolerance than others.

In that situation, where someone "accused" me of "just being there for the freebies" (and whether they're correct or not) I would have NO problem laughing and either agreeing with a "ya, and so?" or just laughing!

Not ALL the TS folks are as aggressive and/or obnoxious to the extent of this particular example. Having said that, know what you MAY be in for prior to going! Knowledge is power. Even though you've THOUGHT you're only "committed" to 90 minutes, its a VERY rare occasion that you're expected to "only" stay for 90 minutes.

TS isn't "for" everyone, and nor is the presentation of same "for" everyone. But, if you're interested in a particular property, suck it up...go through a couple hours of "discomfort", and get to the reason you're there, to purchase a TS!

If on the other hand, you ARE only there for the freebies...suck it up, and don't complain...you're gettin' whatever "freebie" you've negotiated, for a couple hours of your time, while you (for all intents and purposes) waste the time of the TS people.

Just MY 2 centavos worth.

EDITED for my crappy spelling!
Last edited by winterpegman on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:12 pm

well put winterpegman... well put... as annoying as it may be... you are there for one of two reasons, to buy, or for the freebies... it has been said many times that when they say 90 minutes, expect 4 hours more or less... but you hve to make that decision... as my fello moderator stated, "knowledge is power" ... and you can only learn from other's adventures, mistakes, or fortunes.... almost 20 yrs ago, Lorrie and I wanted to buy into Pueblo Bonita in Matzalan... but when we wanted to get to the bottom line, and cut thru the bull, they took offense to that, and we took offense to them for that... here we were young with ready cash to spend here, and they wanted to go thru their pitch... we were in love with the property right off the bat... but they missed the boat, because we got up and left... and they came back to us as we were walking and we just politely as we could said No thanks, you didn't want us 10 minutes ago, you aren't going ot get us now.... and away we went... good decision maybe, who knows ... never been back to check on the property so we don't really know if it was right or wrong....

and that is my two cents worth to this discussion...

Tom

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:54 pm

That will never happen to me because I am sold on AIs and the time share thing just isn't for me. The last time I bought into something I didn't really want or like was about 30 years ago, so when someone tells me they have a free gift for my time, they just have to forget it, it aint happening. Especially on vacation and in PV.

Pixie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: DON'T GO TO THE MAYAN PALACE OR OTHER MAYAN RESORTS

Post by Pixie » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:38 am

Mayan Palace Sucks wrote:To Whom It May Concern,

I recently visited the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta for a time share presentation and tour of the facilities with my wife. Unfortunately, our experience with Mayan Resorts was horrific. I am writing in the hope some changes are made in staffing and policies at the Mayan Resorts to keep our terrible experience from being repeated with other potential buyers.

My wife and I were met with our salesman,John (from Canada), and stated at the beginning of the meeting that we had a sailing trip scheduled for 1:30 pm and could not miss it. It was only 10:30am, and we were told it would not be a problem...

We enjoyed the tour and breakfast was adequate, but as 1pm came closer, we told John we would need to leave shortly. He understood and got a manager named "Dave" involved. "Dave" was a weathered, late 50's to early 60's man who actually got angry with my wife and I because we were not willing to stay longer than two and a half hours, when 90 minutes was the quoted time. But Dave's negative attitude apparently infected some of his underlings. We met with another managershortly after to discuss our 'experience' at the Mayan Resorts. His name was "Simon," who was a complete prick. "Simon" was a thirty something, caucky asshole who accused my wife and I of attending the presentation for free stuff and leaving. News flash asshole: Mayan resorts 'give away' free stuff in exchange for '90' minutes of people's time. The senior sales staff were rude and demeaning to us, raising their voices, and yelling, "you shouldn't come if all you wanted was the free stuff."

To add to the current situation, my wife and I were told we would not be given golf cart service back to the entrance and we would have to find our own way back. We were forced to walk outside nearly a mile back to the entrance with hot temperatures and high humidity. THIS WAS A MEAN, SPITEFULL, AND HEARTLESS THING TO DO! MAYAN PALACE SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

This experience with the Mayan Palace, and Mayan Resorts more broadly, was extremely unpleasant. I would be happy to go into further detail with anyone interested to make sure this does not happen to anyone else. Furthermore, I will continue to share this experience with others in the hope they do not have to experience Mayan Resort's poor customer service first hand.

So sorry you had a bad experience. We have been TS owners with the Mayan Palace for 7 years and love the company and resorts. What you described is so opposite of the resort itself. These salesmen are high pressure ones like so many. I would never buy another TS since we love the way they treat us....like kings and queens![/quote]