Just Got Back Last night from PV

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Tazine68
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Just Got Back Last night from PV

Post by Tazine68 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:09 pm

OMG. we had a blast. What a beautiful place it was! Our resort, Los Tules was awesome! Our room faced the pool which overlooked the bay and the mountains. I have never seen such a breathtaking view in my life. The people were wonderful, the food was delicious and the weather was HOT HOT HOT!!!!! The tequila was very enjoyable and the beer always cold!

Our first experience, even though we booked our taxi online, was getting caught in the shark tank at the airport. as much as I tried to get away, and begged to just lead me to my taxi, the person insisted he was with the taxi company AND with the resort we were staying at for our first day, which was paradise village. We ended up signing up for a timeshare tour - which took 2 hours of our lives - but we ended up getting some free stuff out of it and we learned our lesson.

I have to say, except for everyone trying to sell us a timeshare - and I mean everyone from the bell boy at the hotel, to the bag boy at the market, to the guy I bought a bottle of tequila from in town.... it was an awesome trip.

I especially loved the beach vendors. they were so creative and had a huge array of items to sell you. Since they can't come on the resort property they stayed at the stairs leading to the beach. I would be in the pool and look over, and the vendor would be there holding up t-shirts, then a while later he would have jewelry, then he would have dresses, then he would have a dozen hats stacked on his head. :)

We took this trip to celebrate our anniversary, our friends anniversary and our husbands birthdays. It was probably one of the best trips we ever went on!!!

Thank you all for your input and information!!!

we will definitely go back!!!

pmm2811
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pmm2811 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Glad you had a great time! You probably don't realize this yet BUT, you may be under the magical PV spell now!!! We started going about 8 years ago and haven't been anywhere else now! Out next trip back is week of Thanksgiving and we can't wait. We were last there in February and it seems like a long time ago.

Thanks for sharing your good time.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 pm

That is exactly why I don't reserve a taxi ahead of time. Then you have to look for the right person, which makes one vulnerable.

I make a bee line for the taxi kiosk just before you go outside, and I have always been satisfied with prompt, friendly service. If there are 2-4 of us, we get one taxi, and if we have a larger party, we either get two taxis or the company finds a van that will take all of us together. We have never had a problem. I ignore all people who try to talk to me as I walk. Sometimes I even have to walk around people who stand in my way. I just look down and go.

When you have to look around at the airport, especially if you have never been there, you are unfortunately going to get hit up by sharks!

Sally

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Youarethere » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Just do like I do when I go to work (in NY City) when I don't want to be bothered by anyone. I put my iPod ear plugs in and keep the other end in my pocket so it looks like I can't hear them anyway. I am still alert because I can hear everything & it works like a charm.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 am

the locals are hurting, if you have a little extra, buy something from them, the local economy is ready for a little boost....

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:03 am

Thanks for the trip report, its always great to relive the atmosphere of PV through someone else's experience. Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to being there again soon.
Joyce

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Youarethere » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 pm

I haven't been to PV in quite some time so I am looking forward to buying things from some of the vendors & shops. There's nothing like meeting up with vendors that ya met years ago & having them remember you. I love buying things from them & if you want something that they don't have you can be sure within a few hours they will, they make PV, well...PV. I am hoping to run into one particular vendor by the name of Gloria, she was very dear friend of someone special and always ready for hugs.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Now you're spoiled

Post by oneistwo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Yes you're under the spell and you've been spoiled by Los Tules. We've been going there for 9 years and we feel like it's "home." Low rise buildings, the pools, breakfast and hora feliz (one is two) at Chapultepec, easy walk to groceries and tequila.... Did I mention hora feliz?

Tazine68
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Now you're spoiled

Post by Tazine68 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

oneistwo wrote:Yes you're under the spell and you've been spoiled by Los Tules. We've been going there for 9 years and we feel like it's "home." Low rise buildings, the pools, breakfast and hora feliz (one is two) at Chapultepec, easy walk to groceries and tequila.... Did I mention hora feliz?
The funny thing is the Timeshare lady at Paradise Village kept bashing Los Tules - we found it to be immaculate - the staff everywhere were awesome and you cannot beat 2 for 1 at Chapultepec! they were the best. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were FABULOUS.