New Years celebrations

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

zsazsa2jenny
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
New Years celebrations

Post by zsazsa2jenny » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi all I haven`t been to the board in ages, there is still lots of wonderful info out there. I was wondering my husband and I will be back in paradise for New Years and I was wondering what great place there is to go and have a blast. We are a couple in our mid 40`s. We are so looking forward to it,we have not been to paradise in in 8 months and i miss it

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:34 pm

The malecon and Olas Altas will be crazy and packed with people. Getting into a restaurant without a reservation will be impossible. It is one huge crazy street party and something you have to experience at least once. Taxi's are almost impossible to get so plan accordingly if you are staying in a location you need transportation to get back to where you are staying.

Seegar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Seegar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:03 pm

The wife and I have been going to PV for 10 years running but this will be the first time we get to spend New Years there. We are staying in the old town near our favorite place Andales and I can just image just how crazy it will be there. I would like to know where in the old town are the best places to watch the Bowl games and the NFL games? For the most part I don't bother watching television when we go, but being the American football junkie that I am makes this trip different. So any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

zsazsa2jenny
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by zsazsa2jenny » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 am

Hi there we have been going to pv for many years now and love it. we also are staying in old town the only place to stay,we also are down the streest from andales. There is a sports bar across the road from the pancake house. It is calles steves sports bar,they have games of everything there. A very busy place.

Seegar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Seegar » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:52 am

Actually the wife and I drank tequila with the owner of steves- Nicholas one year. I remember (sort of) that he did have a big screen television with NASCAR on it. Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to singing Alice on New Years eve.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:31 am

El Torito in Old Town is also good for sporting events on television.

There is a thread in this forum---- if you do a search, you will probably find it.

Have fun!!

zsazsa2jenny
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by zsazsa2jenny » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:09 pm

I also am looking forward to singing alice we will see you there,we usually start out at burros for happy hour then pour over to see alice and friends

Seegar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Seegar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 am

Being New Years Eve and all, how early do you suppose one needs to get to Andales to get a good table near the make shift dance floor? We want to be there for the stroke of midnight but also want to check out all the other activities going on through out the town.