PV vs Dominican

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MIssinPV
PV vs Dominican

Post by MIssinPV » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:38 pm

I just wanna start by saying it has been 10 months since I last visited PV and I MISS IT SO MUCH!

Now... I was just wondering if anyone that has been to PV has been to the Puerto Plata/ Sosua area of the Dominican. Although my heart belongs in PV, my boyfriend and I decided to go somewhere we have both never been. I was just wondering how similar or different these two areas are. Any advice/ info would be great.

I love you Puerto Vallarta!

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:PV vs Dominican

Post by el_camino88 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:48 pm

well i have been to pv, and to puerto plata and i have a few things to say about the differences. first of all p. plata is BORING...i went there and spent 99% of my time on the resort because there is nothing else to do. i did one tour and that's it. p.v has shopping and the whole town deal, but the town of p. plata is very poor and there is no decent shopping or resturaunts or anything. also, it's very likely that your resort will be far from p. plata. the beach in p. plata is ok, similar to p.v, brown sand and some yuckies in certain spots, but it's rough water as well. i'm sure you will have a great time in p. plata, as i did, i stayed at a very luxurious resort with everything i needed. but still, p.v is just plain better i'd say...you can experience mexico, get out and do stuff, i dunno but if it was up to me, i'd stick to p.v.!

stew

Post by stew » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:47 am

Trust me if you decide to go to the West indies the Dominican Republic is a poor choice. Many Many places better in all ways. I lived on St Martin (wonderful people), St Thomas & visted mnay others including Haiti, American & British Virgins, Cayman.DR & Truks & Caicos & lots others. All are superior to the Dominican Republic. I stopped gping to the W I all together when I "discover" Mexico with it's great people & resonable prices. Try Manznilo or Zihuatanejoif you want something new. Both are great. I split my time between PV, Zihua, Manz, Meleque & Colima.
Stew

Ali G

Post by Ali G » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:36 am

DOMINICAN is a s*** hole....and should be covered up with more s***......PVR on the other hand is awesome compared to Domincan its like .......domincan is like eating a piece of s*** for supper and Pvr is like eating a juciey steak!!!! in my opinion

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:14 am

Ali G (Nov 28, 2004 11:36 p.m.):
DOMINICAN is a s*** hole....and should be covered up with more s***......PVR on the other hand is awesome compared to Domincan its like .......domincan is like eating a piece of s*** for supper and Pvr is like eating a juciey steak!!!! in my opinion

Wow Ali. Your description of The Dominican Republic is quite colorful. How do you really feel about the D.R.?

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:38 pm

That's right Ali G no need to sugar coat your feelings. I happen too not like the DR and also another scary place in the caribbean that happens to have lots of jamaicans living there. Everyone talks about the TS reps in PV being pushy, the vendors in Jamaica were many times worse. If I never go back there it certainly will not make me any difference. PV is first choice followed by any other mexican desination. ¡Viva México!
<:((()))~

kmasp430
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by kmasp430 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:23 pm

I was in the Dominican (Punta Cana) last year for a week at the RIU Palace, lets just say its way overpriced! Although the grounds/resort/and beach was beautiful the food and service were not good! We never left the resort because they were all fenced in with barbed wire fencing so we thought it was there for a reason. We visited the Nuevo Vallarta area 3 years ago and are going back next month! If you want something different I suggest going to Playa Del Carmen, its absolutely beautiful! however after being in Mexico four previous trips (Cancun,Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta) I wouls say you can't go wrong with any of them!!! I love Mexico and look forward to many more return trips! Stay away from the Dominican

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:23 pm

DELETED

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:38 pm

Another thing you need to be aware of right now in the D.R. is the recent outbreak of malaria in the resort areas, Punta Cana especially. There are now 14 reported cases in Cdn hospitals, all of which are recently returned travelers from resort areas in the Dominican.

Just be aware.