Member classification

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

corolla03
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Member classification

Post by corolla03 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:27 am

Mogens: What is the difference between a lurker and normal member? How does one get to become a normal member? Thanks.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Member classification

Post by matt » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:21 pm

I think the more messages you post, the higher your ranking automatically becomes. Maybe Mogens can share the details with us.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:44 pm

i think you have that right... just keep posting and you move up the corporate ladder... or it could depend on the type and quality of posts too... i am not sure how Mogens decides who is what....

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:07 pm

NT (Apr 02, 2005 10:27 p.m.):
Mogens: What is the difference between a lurker and normal member? How does one get to become a normal member? Thanks.
I think a normal member is someone who has set up a user profile and logs in to make comments. A lurker is just someone who reads the bulletin board but has never set up a user name and profile. Go to where it says "login" and fill out the necessary information.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:22 pm

That's one interpretation.

Nowadays people that have posted from 1 to 29 times are called PV Newbies
less than 30 to 49 PV Fan
less than 50- 69 PV Fanatic
More than 70 posts PV Guru

This is how I think it is currently configured. But the BB has been working weird lately, so I have a feeling the previous configs are also visible, PV Lurkers were the previous encarnation of PV Newbies... anyway, it's all for fun... not to be taken seriously :-) Keep on posting and soon you'll move up to the next category.

Greetings

Mogens

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:37 pm

Thanks for the update Mogens... as you know WE love this bulletin board and all of our postings for the last couple of years... have a good one... and keep up the good work....
Mogens (Apr 04, 2005 06:22 p.m.):
That's one interpretation.

Nowadays people that have posted from 1 to 29 times are called PV Newbies
less than 30 to 49 PV Fan
less than 50- 69 PV Fanatic
More than 70 posts PV Guru

This is how I think it is currently configured. But the BB has been working weird lately, so I have a feeling the previous configs are also visible, PV Lurkers were the previous encarnation of PV Newbies... anyway, it's all for fun... not to be taken seriously :-) Keep on posting and soon you'll move up to the next category.

Greetings

Mogens

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:44 pm

I certainly don't mind being called a "Premium Member",
<:((()))~ Premium member formerly known as Chuck

sam

Post by sam » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:26 am

I don't think you can reply without logging in--can you?

corolla03
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by corolla03 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:29 am

Elena (Apr 04, 2005 06:07 p.m.):
NT (Apr 02, 2005 10:27 p.m.):
I think a normal member is someone who has set up a user profile and logs in to make comments. A lurker is just someone who reads the bulletin board but has never set up a user name and profile. Go to where it says "login" and fill out the necessary information.
I began this thread and I do log in and I am still classified as a PV lurker, so I don't think that is the difference.

rcjust
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by rcjust » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:53 pm

Lurker newbie normal or Premium!
You can call me what ever you want to,
All i know is I only have to work 4 more days before I will be flying to the beach!
Randy and Carol

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:01 pm

well if you are under 30 posts you are still a lurker or a newbie... and you post more then you move up the ladder... as you can see Chuck and Kaye have over 675 posts, and we have over 400 posts... and we are now classified as premium members... what difference what classification you are.... just keep posting if you have something to add to the conversation.... we don't get anything from being premium members except the satisfation that we may spend way too much time here, or that we love puerto vallarta so much that we want everybody to come and enjoy the city, have a great experience with the locals, and to just have a great relaxing vacation.....

have a great time.....