Tornadoes at Toms

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Tornadoes at Toms

Post by stew » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:39 am

Everything OK over your way Tojo? See the old twisters allover central Iowa. Give a holler Por Favor!

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:49 am

Hello Stew! Thanks for thinking of us. Mr. Crown and I were in Des Moines when they hit. The tornado in Stratford was only 6 miles from my folks but fortunately, they are ok. Kind of strange weather?? In the 70's on Sat. with tornados and snow, ice, and winter stuff on Tuesday. Talk about a reality check!! 12 weeks from tomorrow we leave for PVR. It can't get here soon enough. :)

Lorrie
a/k/a Mrs. Crown

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Storms

Post by stew » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:10 am

Good News. I obviously not the brightest guy as I moved from Tornado alley (Iowa) to Earthquake central here living almost on top of the Hayward Fault. I almost got caught in that horrible twister in Charles City back in the early 70's, Left there that afternoon driving to Mason City & hearing about the destruction on arrival at the Holiday in Mason City. Incredible damage!

tojol57

Wait 5 minutes

Post by tojol57 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:58 pm

Just like the old saying, if you don't like the weather here in Iowa, wait five minutes, and it will change. and boy o boy has it changed for sure... Like Lorrie said, 70's a week ago, to almost zero the other morning, snow ice and slop ... it was crazy...

thanks for thinking of iowa.... talk to you later...

Tom