The ONE thing you like most of Puerto Vallarta?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master
pick only one?

Post by welovepv » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:54 pm

[rocks] I cannot pick just ONE thing about this charming & quaint place that offers so much to travelers. Wrap it all up - the people, the beaches, the shopping, the food, the entertainment, the lightning storms, the sunsets (ahhhh), this forum (for tips, opinions, and a good read)!!!!!

canadiandude
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canadiandude » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:14 am

I'd have to say the people. Not only the staff in the resort but just everyone in general. People tell me that Calgary has friendly people. But we dont compare to PV. I saw almost everyone walking around with a smile on there face. When you walked by them they would say Hola. I can remember my friend and I going into town. My friend slipped on the road. He didnt fall down or hurt himself but one guy saw what had happened and came out of his house to see if he was ok. Thats what I'll remember about PV the most. The friendly people

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:45 am

I think the "romance" of the city... the love for the people, the love the people have for the city, the love that visitors have for Vallarta... it is just fantastic...

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:12 am

My vote without a doubt is the WONDERFUL PEOPLE OF PUERTO VALLARTA!! We have met so many wonderful people down there who have become a part of our "familia". They are so warm and friendly and the smallest things make them happy.

My next vote is without a doubt the weather and scenery!! It is freezing in Iowa tonight. I think it got up to a whopping 22 degrees today. I think the low tonight is around 6. 70 days from tomorrow we leave!!

It can't get here soon enough!! :D

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:53 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:15 pm

mexibeach wrote:Ahhhh, Vallarta {sigh} It has to be los gentes y "For you today, special price, cheaper than K-Mart..." :8-))

you forgot that it is "almost free too"

lol make me an offer....

Tom

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:07 pm

DELETED

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm

the BUS DRAGS! Exciting and cheap. Not as fun as they were 10 years ago, but still better than most of the rides at 6 flags! :wink:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:16 am

ahhh the roar of the bus and he gets on the gas... and the smell of the diesel and it pukes by you... LOL those busses with their HUGE people catchers... that is right people catchers... hold on bars to save your butt with ... NOT

TOm

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:57 am

to me it is like stepping back to "old world" Mexico. It is not as touristy as the other Mexican resorts.

If you want touristy, go to Miami in Mexico (Cancun).

Old world atmosphere.....detinitely!

Adios,
T.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:25 pm

ajstanger wrote:to me it is like stepping back to "old world" Mexico. It is not as touristy as the other Mexican resorts.

If you want touristy, go to Miami in Mexico (Cancun).

Old world atmosphere.....detinitely!

Adios,
T.
Great pic on your profile... where was that taken... that is another reason to love vallarta... it is so picturesque

Tom

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:00 am

Thanks Tom. I took that picture back in March (2005) at Yelapa when we took the horseback ride to the darn near non-existant waterfall (was too dry). As we were going on the trails we came up on the left of the bay at Yelapa and I thought it was a stunning view with the blue water and all the water taxi's so I took the shot. I wasn't disappointed once I downloaded them onto the computer. The water was clear and cold but refreshing.

Adios,
T.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:09 pm

[quote="Cassandra"]Everybody has hit the nail on the head! I'm kind of a keep to myself kind of gal and a little bit herd bound :oops: ......I could go days without leaving my home because it's where I feel safe and comfortable. So, that being said when I tell you my favorite part of Vallarta is how safe and relaxed I feel there whether it's walking the beach, letting my guard down at the resort, chatting it up with locals and vendors, shopping downtown...you understand the atmosphere! I love love love it there!

I'm with you, that's exactly how I feel, can't wait to get there Feb 24th

mgbboy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: The ONE thing you like most of Puerto Vallarta?

Post by mgbboy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:48 pm

What do I like the most? Not sure. I haven't been there for 4 years, I'm returnbing for 2 weeks this January and If I find that Sam's progeny have really replaced the El Gigante with a Wally World, I will be upset!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:41 am

there is a sam's club, there is a wal-mart, and Gigante and Mega are still going stong despite Senor Sams....

have a good time anyway...

8) tom

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:19 am

tojol57 wrote:there is a sam's club, there is a wal-mart, and Gigante and Mega are still going stong despite Senor Sams....

have a good time anyway...

8) tom
Thanks Tom. I feel much better. I have nothing against WalMart, but I can shop at one anytime I want about 5 minutes from where I live. My in-Laws visited PV a few years ago, and one of their highlights was that their hotel served bacon and eggs just like they ate back home. While I do enjoy bacon and eggs for breakfast, seems to me like a long way to travel to eat the same old, same old.

rapid
PV Fan
PV Fan

The People

Post by rapid » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:08 am

To me it has to be that the people are so happy with having next to nothing, But then agian they have what most of us dont have, ( Contentment )

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Old town

Post by kcowan » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:32 pm

I would say the old town sets PV apart from other resorts, and it attracts a special kind of people who return every year.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:45 am

You know, that one day we had a person that thought it was great they had an "Outback Steakhouse". He was going on and on about this resturant while we were staying at the GCP. yes it is only 3 blocks away, yes you enjoyed your dinner, and you have eaten there 4 nights now out of the 14 you are going to be here. but sorry kind sir, you missed the whole ordeal of Vallarta... Like HELLO, we don't go to the place back home, why would be go here. Especially when we are staying at an all-inclusive resort. Yes we will run down to Wal-mart or Gigante or Mega for our toiletry items, a lot lighter than carrying them from Iowa... and leave behind what you don't use...

but you make what you want out of your vacations, if bacon and eggs like home make you comfy fine, if going to wal-mart or sam's puts you in your "safe zone" then so be it... but make sure some where along the way you open your eyes and see Vallarta for what she is ... not because they have American stores or American institutions...

8) Tom

DonnaMark

Re: Old town

Post by DonnaMark » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:15 pm

kcowan wrote:I would say the old town sets PV apart from other resorts, and it attracts a special kind of people who return every year.
Its the Old Town, Zona Romantica, Los Muertos, Olas Altas, Col.E. Zapata, what ever you want to call it. We have been many places in Mex, even drove to PV one year, but that area is special. Lots of folks, from different walks of life...
The people? yes, great, warm , friendly, etc. But we have found that quality in most of Mex.( big cities and bordertowns excluded)

For us, PV is everything Arizona isn't: jungle, beach, fresh fish, humidity, different money, different language, and.."manana"