if your interested

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
if your interested

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:29 am

i have debated for a long time over this, but because I am a daily visitor to this board and I have come to appreciate many of the post that you all make, I wanted to share something with you. Last September I went down to PV for something other than a vacation. I went to shoot a video piece for my final project before I graduated Film School. I have a background in Journalism and I wanted to learn Film and do Documentary work. I decided that my final project would be a piece on the families that live in the dump. I spent that whole week at the dump , on the hill with the workers picking through the trash, I was able to go inside the homes of the people at the base and talk with many of them. I thought that after I left and came back to the states that I would be done. Fast forward....I am returning back to PV later this month and several more times throughout the year to shoot a Feature length Documentary that is going to be shown in several festivals and if all goes well, the theater. I have posted the video that I did for my graduation on my page at MYSPACE. If you are at all interested you can view it at...myspace.com/tokuhara_films. Many of you have been to the dump to see and help these people and it is your feedback that I am looking for.

I have had the word EXPLOITATION thrown in my face several times, I would like to mention that not one dollar will see my bank account from this project. My resources and ability to make this film is what I have to offer these people and I intend to get this story to enter the ears of as many people as I can.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, have a wonderful day.

-wes

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

I should mention that the video is on the bottom right side of the page...las familias en el basurero. This was shot on a cheap handheld camera. The feature length will be transfered to 35mm film.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:48 am

-http://www.myspace.com/tokuhara_films

Este perfil es privado. Este usuario debe añadirte como amigo para que puedas ver su perfil.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Very interested...

Post by Plus4 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 pm

I am very interested in seeing your film Buffet 06..
I will watch and comment on the film :) when I have a bit more time later in the day...

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed May 07, 2008 7:05 pm

chico98 wrote:-http://www.myspace.com/tokuhara_films

Este perfil es privado. Este usuario debe añadirte como amigo para que puedas ver su perfil.
Or the english version....

Wes your profile is marked "Private"...no one can see the film unless you add them as friends....

Maybe you can make it public instead?

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:42 pm

i have it open for public view...i will check again.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:10 pm

Buffet 06 ...
I just finished watching your film (not as a friend :) )....I do not know how anyone can watch the film and not be moved.... You have captured the beauty of the children..They are all wonderful..
One could tell the film was made with love...
We need people like you who are able to get messages out through film...
Good luck with the documentary...

I am curious as to what chico'c Maria thinks of the film.. Mark and the others who work so hard for the children of the dump...

Could you please let us know when the documentary comes out...

We have so very much don't we...