Just for Information New Canadian Flights

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Just for Information New Canadian Flights

Post by chance » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:13 am

This might make some people smile

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c9878.html

Air Canada:
- Edmonton-Puerto Vallarta
- Winnipeg-Puerto Vallarta(*)

Air Transat:
- Kelowna-Puerto Vallarta
- Québec-Puerto Vallarta

WestJet:
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta(*)
- Calgary-Puerto Vallarta
- Edmonton-Puerto Vallarta
- Winnipeg-Puerto Vallarta
- Toronto-Puerto Vallarta(*)

Skyservice:
- Toronto-Puerto Vallarta

Sunwing:
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta
- Calgary-Puerto Vallarta(*)
- Edmonton-Puerto Vallarta(*)
- Winnipeg-Puerto Vallarta
- Montreal-Puerto Vallarta

(*)Effective December 9, 2009

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 am

So, do us guys in Saskatchewan not count.. No flights out of Saskatoon or Regina????

Guess we'll have to improvise. http://www.relentlesslyoptimistic.com/i ... ooning.jpg

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 pm

ronald wrote:So, do us guys in Saskatchewan not count.. No flights out of Saskatoon or Regina????

Guess we'll have to improvise. http://www.relentlesslyoptimistic.com/i ... ooning.jpg
Do people live in Saskatchewan???? :shock: :lol:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:34 pm

ronald wrote:So, do us guys in Saskatchewan not count.. No flights out of Saskatoon or Regina????

:lol:
Uh..Ronald :) hear about the :cry: priest who went on a balloon ride.... :shock:

Some come from there... :)

The new New Canadian Direct Flights will give Canadians more options when flying to PV...That is good news..

A little wait though till it begins..

One of my 3 sons works for West Jet..We have the parents pass..stand by .... flights are either 20.. 30..or 40 dollars anywhere West Jet flies...Oh plus taxes... :)
I guess if we were going to PV and staying more than a week or 2 the new direct flight to PV on West Jet would be wonderful but when going for only a week or 2...Can't beat some of the AI deals out there...

Just my humble opinion.. :)

editing typos.. :oops: :)
Last edited by Plus4 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by PV Patty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey there Chance...

thanks for the info on upcoming flights from Vancouver to P.V.
I tried the link in your message.. but can't seem to find this info on it.
Oh well maybe a block to access it.. (cause I am at work!)
PV Patty

DugChan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by DugChan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Plus4 wrote:

:lol:
Uh..Ronald :) hear about the :cry: priest who went on a balloon ride.... :shock:

Some come from there... :)

The new New Canadian Direct Flights will give Canadians more options when flying to PV...That is good news..

A little wait though till it begins..

One of my 3 sons works for West Jet..We have the parents pass..standy by but flights are either 20.. 30..or 40 dollars anywhere West Jet flies...Oh plus taxes... :)
I guess if we were going to PV and staying more than a week or 2 the new direct flight to PV on West Jet would be wonderful but when going for only a week or 2...Can't beat some of the AI deals out there...

Just my humble opinion.. :)

I will be making my second trip from Edmonton to PV on a westjet flight this oct. From my personal experience they are second to none.Also I will be able to use my airmiles with them now instead of having to use Air Canada. This is great news indeed. :D

sunshine79
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Direct flights

Post by sunshine79 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:38 am

Hey all you Canadians.. I actually work for Transat Holidays & Nolitours. We have flights from Saskatoon and Regina to PVR, they start at Xmas. Also we fly from many smaller airports as well using WestJets planes. If you have any questions id be more than happy to answer them. PM me and ill get back to you pretty quick :)

I am a Canadian who lived in Vallarta for many years and now go back to visit at least 5 times a year... I get bugged at work all the time because I keep going back... What can I say Im in love...

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:29 am

Yeah they're direct all right, but they are all charters... Westjet and SkyNOservice both fly out of Saskatoon and Regina.. If you want to just fly down you have to call either Nolitours/World or any of the other tour companies that have bought a chunk of it and directly book the flight at their inflated prices. If you are just flying down it's better to book directly (lots cheaper) out of Calgary, Edmonton, or even Winnie town.

Service is always excellent with Westjet, but it's not really the same. IMHO