How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
2008/2009 pv plans

Post by PV Patty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:52 pm

I will be heading home for 2 weeks at xmas .. the only thing that could stop me is dental work.. seems to be my money pit! Then I always go for 4 or 5 weeks right after Easter.
111 more mondays to go before I'm there for good!
woohoo!!!!!

Patty

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by deollafan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 pm

No plans for a vacation as yet, but I am planning on retiring there in a year or two. I finally have my current other half convinced to come with me (or not :) ! He doesn't like Mexico, and he's Mexican! When vacationing, though, I usually stay at Vista del Sol, Loma del Mar, Casa Marielena, or any apartment for rent that I can find while walking around.

I really miss my friends from Vallarta- Freddy (Toucan), the guys at Cafe de Olla, Nancy and John (R.I.P.) Erickson, Rito (former of his Baci), Cheryl and Cheire, and everyone else presently or formerly there.

I'll be retired and relaxed in one more year (age 50)!!! Looking at property on the websites almost every day just to keep abreast of what's out there! Can't decide whether I want a house or a condo, but that will happen when I physically am there looking around! Have fun, everybody!

bigblkdodge
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by bigblkdodge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 pm

We are heading back to PV this friday the 4th through the 12th. Cant wait to get back it's been tooooooo long 8)

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

pv 2008/2009

Post by PV Patty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm

bigblkdodge wrote:We are heading back to PV this friday the 4th through the 12th. Cant wait to get back it's been tooooooo long 8)
I am soooo envious (spelling?) ... have some tequila for me... can't get good tequila in Vancouver.. well unless you are rich!

have a great time..

patty

bigblkdodge
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by bigblkdodge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Well thank you....... If fuel costs dont come down this might be last time for awhile. The price for airfare was 1/3 more than in october of last year.

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:08 pm

you're right about airfare - we just booked for feb.'09 out of mpls., mn;
rates about 1.75x higher than we've paid the last few years.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:03 am

If all goes well we'll be heading back to PV Dec 1-15 (TWO WEEKS!!!!) and as always we stay at the Canto del Sol. I've been keeping track of the prices since May and they're pretty steady. So far I've found $2700-2800 for two of us all-inclusive at the Canto flying out of Minneapolis. We paid $650 a person last year for a week - we took the kids at that price! lol

I'll have to see when I booked it last year, something tells me it was August sometime. We need to wait and see how Robin's new job goes before booking. :?

Tracy

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Tracy Good luck with your PV plans and we hope Robin's new job goes well... :)

bigblkdodge
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by bigblkdodge » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 am

[quote="beachluvr"]you're right about airfare - we just booked for feb.'09 out of mpls., mn;
rates about 1.75x higher than we've paid the last few years.[/quote]

I checked last week and it went up 300.00 and I check today and it's up another 250.00. I live in AZ it's a 2 1/2 hour flight for a nonstop. Today it was over 1,600 for two people round trip nonstop. Last year I paid under 700.00 for the same. I dont know what we can do to change these crazy prices but something needs to be done. Oh well come this time Friday I wont even care. LOL

bill0759
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Staying at Riu Palace Pacifico Dec 6-11

Post by bill0759 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:17 pm

We booked a 5 nite stay at the above for around $900 pp from Minneapolis. We booked about 2 weeks ago. Hope the resort opens on time and the airline is still in business then. We switch planes in Dallas, same airline, and have 70 minutes between flights. Hope that is enough time. We have not been to the Pacific coast before. Went to Playa del Carmen a couple of years ago. Looking forward to the trip!!

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Dec 2-11, 2008

Post by pdxbuff » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Just booked a 10 day trip. Staying at Los Arcos Suites. Airfare up a little from last time and Alaska has eliminated the mid-week direct, non-stop flight from Portland to PV but they maintained the return flight.

glendastory
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by glendastory » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Bucerias 7/27. Punta Arena. Brand new condos. :)

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Feb 2009

Post by Tator » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Probably Canto del Sol in Feb. 2009, depending on the prices. Usually travel in a large group.

florimae
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Yay! 3 More weeks

Post by florimae » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:51 am

we will be in PV July 31 to August 6. I'm excited, never been there before. Although, I injured my left shoulder so, no activities for me. Well, I'm sure I can consume a lot of margaritas. :D

"Tuna Killer"
PV Fan
PV Fan

Returning August 30-Sept. 20, 2008!

Post by "Tuna Killer" » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:50 am

Hey Sylvia, Plus 4, Semi God,

I will be down for 3 weeks of R&R and 7 fishing trips with my buddy Ken from Chicago. I have a new user name now as the website screwed up my account and wouldn't let me log back in and every e-mail I tried for Mogens wouldn't go through! I use to go by the username Coorslightman! I retired last Sept. at the age of 49. I just turned 50 last month!
This will be my 6th trip down and I will be staying at Villa del Palmar downtown. I am exchanging my timeshare in from Orlando Florida. I have stayed at WIVC in Conchas Chinas before and at Playa del Sol in Old Town and at Paradise Village! I will never stay there again. I came in on a timeshare exchange and was treated like a 2nd class citizen since I wasn't a owner! You can just smell the money there.Who wants to pay $69,000 US and it's probably more now for a ownership in a 20-25 yr. membership! I paid $13,500 for 2 weeks a year with mine in Orlando and I can deed it to my daughter.
Been really busy lately with work around the house and trying to deal with my daughter having Cancer. She will be having a total hysterectomy on August 29. The day before I leave. It is in the tissue and they have to cut her like a c-section as if they go in any other way the cancer could spread. They have to do it this way as she is on blood thinners from 2 years ago when they found her body riddled with blood clots and one heading to her heart which they stopped with a stint. She has had so many heath issues for someone only 28 years old.
I hope you and your family are doing well.Hope to talk to you soon.

Robert Bryant

cherokeethunder
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

trip to pv

Post by cherokeethunder » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:31 am

My hubbie and I are going October 12 through October 23, 2008. This will be our first trip, we will be going with approximately 4 other couples. We are staying at Club Meza Del Mar. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, shirley

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: trip to pv

Post by ellen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:58 pm

cherokeethunder wrote:My hubbie and I are going October 12 through October 23, 2008. This will be our first trip, we will be going with approximately 4 other couples. We are staying at Club Meza Del Mar. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, shirley
Shirley, welcome to the board. Meza del Mar is an older hotel and you may have some issues with that, depending on what you paid and what you are used to. But it is in a great location and all the ingredients are there for you to enjoy yourselves. You can do a search on this forum by hotel name that should give you more info. I have never stayed there so anything I say would be hearsay.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:35 pm

Hi Robert ..Coorslightman..Tuna Killer :)
I do remember you posting as Coorslightman.
You wrote a wonderful PV fishing trip report and posted some photos of the catch..
Think :? at the time you were planning a party and going to serve some of the fish at it?...

Sorry to hear about your daughter.. I am sure others on the forum here will join me in sending prayers and best wishes for you and your family..

I am doing fine thanks so is my family..

When you return from PV do another report eh :)
and let us know how your daughter is doing...

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:44 am

Haven't been on here for awhile....Just got back from camping at West Hawk Lake for 10 days and we were discussing the winter holiday. Going to Playa del Carmen for a week in February (our friends 25th so they get to pick) and then for my 50th this winter I plan on celebrating in PV for a week with the girlfriends!!! Roxies here we come!!

SWCW
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

pv plans soon

Post by SWCW » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 pm

We will be at GCP in 4 days, 4th and 6th time, love it