A Beautiful Saturday.

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
A Beautiful Saturday.

Post by davilin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 pm

What a gorgeous day. Todays high was about 66F with lots of sun. I finally got the leaves and other debris cleaned up in the front yard (actually broke a sweat doing it) then just hung around the back yard with our dog, Rocky, for a while. Tonight we are going to see our local Chico Theater Company's production of "Fiddler On The Roof". Life is good. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Saturday

Post by lojol60 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:12 am

That's not even fair! Can't say it was a beautiful Sat. in Iowa. We got blasted with ice and then 8" of snow on top of it with temps around 0 F. I have spent the last 3+ hours on stuff I brought home from work and still am not done. Tom will be working all day tomorrow. 9 weeks from today we leave for PVR and I can't wait!!!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 pm

A good post David

Yes life is good... :)

Saturday went to the BIG city Calgary for an afternoon of shopping and then out for dinner..

Was a nice day in Calgary and area...Plus 3C with a beautiful sun in the day time and in the evening a Huge Moon ball lit the skies...
Great day to be out and about....

Lazy day today :) .. Kids gave me the movie Mama Mia so plans for the eve. are to barbecue and then watch the movie...

Hope you enjoyed the show last night... :)

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:01 pm

For a small town we have a great theater scene, mostly due to the presence of the Cal State University. The show last night was very well done. They even had some guys that could do the Russian dance scene very well. "Fiddler" is one of my all time favorites. We thoroughly enjoyed it. And you know I hate to rub it in but, it's forecast to be 65F today and all the way up to 69 tomorrow. This following several weeks of fog and drizzle. Gotta love California.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:02 am

davilin wrote:For a small town we have a great theater scene, mostly due to the presence of the Cal State University. The show last night was very well done. They even had some guys that could do the Russian dance scene very well. "Fiddler" is one of my all time favorites. We thoroughly enjoyed it. And you know I hate to rub it in but, it's forecast to be 65F today and all the way up to 69 tomorrow. This following several weeks of fog and drizzle. Gotta love California.
Good... :)
We too are living in a small centre..
We have a local theatre which I am ashamed to say have only been to once to see the African children's choir..
Bert Church theatre puts on many great shows...

I can see why Fiddle on a roof is a fav.....I remember ..way back when I saw the show... :D

Tonight watched Mama Mia

loved it...
by the end of the show the blinds were shut and I was up dancing in the LR..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKx_14vJNZg

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 am

I went to see the play in wpg of mamma mia it was amazing same thing sylvia we all got up and started dancing, and then me and my 11 yr old daughter were getting ready to watch the movie and my 8 yr old son thought he should watch it to and I told him he probally would'nt like it and next thing I know him and his sister are dancing and singing it was great.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 am

Davilin,
Come on down to sunny So. Cal. It was 84 here today, they are forcasting the same for tomorrow. Of course the Santa Ana winds are blowing (depending on where you are) no wind at my house at all. Sure was nice to be able to open all the windows. It was still 70 at 7:00 p.m.

For everyone who is freezing sorry, not trying to rub it in.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 am

michelle/tyler wrote:I went to see the play in wpg of mamma mia it was amazing same thing sylvia we all got up and started dancing, and then me and my 11 yr old daughter were getting ready to watch the movie and my 8 yr old son thought he should watch it to and I told him he probally would'nt like it and next thing I know him and his sister are dancing and singing it was great.
Hi Michelle :)
You were lucky to see the play..I hope to one day...

How nice to include your little children in the fun.. Tonight We commented on the movie
That They really did draw in the young and the Older ones :)

I laughed ..cried and danced during the movie... :)

For you and the kids :)
Dancing Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GILT4hH ... re=related
A fav...our last summer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuaynnqZmxo

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Thanks sylvia my daughter has all the abba songs on her I pod she just loves dancing queen. :D

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Tonight watched Mama Mia

loved it...

We want video! :shock:
And I am sorry about those who are freezing their tushes off but, we didn't get to go to P.V. this year so it was nice to have a little touch of P.V. come to us. 'Course, gotta work today.

LeChaim, To Life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcT7u7abiZ4

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:26 am

davilin wrote:Tonight watched Mama Mia

loved it...

We want video! :shock:
And I am sorry about those who are freezing their tushes off but, we didn't get to go to P.V. this year so it was nice to have a little touch of P.V. come to us. 'Course, gotta work today.

LeChaim, To Life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcT7u7abiZ4
NO videoImage but...Might have looked something like this Image :lol: