Pay Toilets On Airplanes ?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Pay Toilets On Airplanes ?

Post by smitty » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm

Maybe a joke but a bad one - Europe's biggest budget carrier may be raising the stakes in cheapness . :x

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29429082/?GT1=43001

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Maybe not a joke Jimbo....cheap very :P but so are Ryan air's flights..
I have checked out flights on Ryan air before in case we go to Germany and Holland in the fall.. One option is to use Canadian affair to fly to London Gatwick then Ryanair to Berlin...

In Britain one must pay for the use of toilets in train stations and on some trains..
I was flying around Victoria train station in London trying to round up the proper change so I could get through the gates into the Bathroom :oops: :lol:

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 am

just take care of your business in the barf bag, after a few hundred passengers do that, maybe the airlines will think twice about charging people to relieve themselves.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:26 am

BUFFETT 06 wrote:just take care of your business in the barf bag, after a few hundred passengers do that, maybe the airlines will think twice about charging people to relieve themselves.
Now, that's a good idea. I mean, what are the options?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 am

It's definitely a money grab in an attempt to recoup costs.. I remember being told by somebody at a Public Health Conference that where they have them installed, some people are so ticked off that they open the dispenser and take all the toilet paper when they leave. End result was that some places had to hire full time washroom attendants, and these washroom attendants were required to check on the bathrooms even more often... Of course the advertising around it suggested that the money was ensuring cleaner washrooms all the time.

Also reminds me of a poem I first read 40 years ago in a washroom stall.

Here I sit, broken hearted... paid a dime and only fa##ed,
Yesterday I took a chance... saved a dime, and s#$t my pants. :lol: :lol: