How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Have a great time dave and ellen ,hope I get a chance to visit this year.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:02 am

I think I posted this a long way back but I can't remember for sure, so.....
Fred and I will be there from Jan 31 to Feb 14. We can't wait!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Ellen

Post by smitty » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Congrats on the new Condo Ellen ! We will have a fun night at Andales . :)

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Sandy are you staying at the same place as last year( jeffs condo)? He has some great deals . (Edit to say this year)anyway you no what I ment

KathleenStrobb
PV Fan
PV Fan

arriving soon

Post by KathleenStrobb » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi ; My husband and I are arriving in 9 days. This will be our fourth trip. We are hooked. Can't wait to hear the church bells and crowing roosters.We will be staying at a apartment on Mina this time.

I have been trying to think of a nice a gift to bring a young couple that live there. I wanted to bring homemade salsa and jams from here in Michigan ,but I wonder what customs would think about that. Any suggestions?

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:11 pm

I am leaving in the morning !!!! 8V8 <:-)- [hello]

Joyce

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:50 am

Sounds like we'll be back to PV sooner than we thought - booked the flights today for me, Robin and Robin's parents..they've never been out of the US or Canada so it should be a good time. :)

78 sleeps. :D

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:00 am

Joyce is gone again-damn -from now on you are not from canada .joyce-you are a pv local .- You need to change your location on your profile :lol:

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: arriving soon

Post by pvgemini » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:35 am

KathleenStrobb wrote:Hi ; My husband and I are arriving in 9 days. This will be our fourth trip. We are hooked. Can't wait to hear the church bells and crowing roosters.We will be staying at a apartment on Mina this time.

I have been trying to think of a nice a gift to bring a young couple that live there. I wanted to bring homemade salsa and jams from here in Michigan ,but I wonder what customs would think about that. Any suggestions?
I have brought jarred groceries to Mexico before. When I started to go there in the 1980's, they did not have peanut butter in the stores. As long as you don't have raw meat or fresh produce, it should be fine, especially if the jars are sealed. They will have to be packed in your luggage. You can't carry on anything larger than 3 oz.

Other ideas are any high quality items-- kitchen items come to mind---- really nice knife or spatula or cutting board or wooden spoon or measuring cups/spoons. It is hard to find really nice things in PV.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re: arriving soon

Post by Plus4 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Quote:
I have brought jarred groceries to Mexico before. When I started to go there in the 1980's, they did not have peanut butter in the stores. As long as you don't have raw meat or fresh produce, it should be fine, especially if the jars are sealed. They will have to be packed in your luggage. You can't carry on anything larger than 3 oz.

Other ideas are any high quality items-- kitchen items come to mind---- really nice knife or spatula or cutting board or wooden spoon or measuring cups/spoons. It is hard to find really nice things in PV.

pvgemini :)
I bet it would be very easy to find really nice things in PV like wooden spoons...spatulas and measuring cups at either Walmart or Costco... :)

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:35 am

Only 23 more days!!! And of course, I can't wait. We'll be there for 2 weeks, leaving Feb. 14. Ellen, Joyce, etc....are there any meet-ups planned during that time? We really enjoyed meeting you guys last year at Burro's and it would be great to see you again and maybe meet new people too.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 pm

sjl330 wrote:Only 23 more days!!! And of course, I can't wait. We'll be there for 2 weeks, leaving Feb. 14. Ellen, Joyce, etc....are there any meet-ups planned during that time? We really enjoyed meeting you guys last year at Burro's and it would be great to see you again and maybe meet new people too.
There may not be any planned at the moment but we can certainly come up with something.

Yowgirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Yowgirl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:01 pm

First time trip June 21-28 there are 4 of us ladies.

It can't get here quick enough for me.

Los Muertos Lovers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Almost There!

Post by Los Muertos Lovers » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:39 pm

We can begin to smell the ocean air..lol! We leave Jan 26th and return home on Feb 3rd only 11 days to go! We are taking another couple for their very first time into Puerto Vallarta shall be a lot of fun! Thank you to all of those who helped us figure out some places to go for the Super bowl, salsa dancing and shopping for glass! We can't wait to have that first margarita at sunset!!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Finally booked!!! My 3 girlfriends and I are staying at the San Marino. We arrive very late on February 20th and leave late on the 27th! Can't wait! Joyce...hope to meet you this time and since we are staying downtown we are probably close to you.

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:57 pm

We arrive on the 23rd - Joyce - maybe we can arrange a big hook up? Can't wait to get there!

Sherry

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:09 am

We are officially booked for March 26 to April 2 at the Canto again. Robin's parents are coming with us (they've never been anywhere warm). Flying direct from Winnipeg so hopefully our bags make the plane. :)

Paid $1200 for the flights per couple (we used our credit) and the Canto was $1320 per couple...cheaper than Expedia wanted ($1968 just for the room)

Woohooo...I can't wait. :)

65 sleeps!!

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Chris ... you decide when and where you want to meet up and I'll be there and while I won't speak for Ellen but she's usually up for it too.

Sherry ... yes lets have a big hook-up but lets do it after the 31st. I have a friend coming from the 23-31 and my schedule that week is pretty full!! How about a drink next week on the beach though and then we can schedule something for the week after? Are you bringing your laptop? I have mine so feel free to email anytime. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Joyce

"Tuna Killer"
PV Fan
PV Fan

My 7th trip to PV!

Post by "Tuna Killer" » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:41 am

Will be down there either August 1 or 29th through September 26,2009. I can't wait. I'll be staying in Marina Vallarta. Right above Victor's and right down from Fajita Banana's! Things are looking good!

Robert

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re: My 7th trip to PV!

Post by Plus4 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 pm

[quote=""Tuna Killer""]Will be down there either August 1 or 29th through September 26,2009. I can't wait. I'll be staying in Marina Vallarta. Right above Victor's and right down from Fajita Banana's! Things are looking good!

Robert[/quote]

Gee it sucks to be retired eh Robert ... :lol:

Things ARE looking good for you...
Congrats on you PV trip :)