Congratulations USA!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Sour Grapes And Whiners

Post by smitty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Definitely congratulations are due for this . God bless you America ! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jnhkrawczyk/2835351255/

http://helpbushpack.com/

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Congratulations USA

Post by 2ndchance » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Lighten up people !! I am new to this forum and i have gotten a lot of great information from a lot of nice people that know Pv well.I enjoy looking at all of the subjects,but this one on General Ramblings is too much.This is the Paradise forum, not the political forum.Take a deep breath,relax and wherever you are just visualize yourself on the beach at PV feeling the breeze,hearing the ocean and drinking a cold cerveza.Enjoy ! >:)< :D

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm

BUFFETT 06 wrote:you can ban me for this if you would like, I find it insulting that people (especially americans) think that the American government had something to do with 9/11.<snip> you want to turn this forum into a political forum, your making a mistake.
Ban? Why?

Totally in agreement with your statement, I've heard the stupid theory from both US citizens and from foreigners and I've never believed it. There is even a whole documentary on the subject that is just plain dumb. Anyway, people can express their thoughts, it's based on feedback that we can decide if we are on the right track or have been misled. I once (as a kid) had a theory that Jesus was an alien and that that would explain the miracles and so forth. I exposed it to an adult astronomer friend and he said BS and I took the time to think things over and came to the same conclusion and dropped it completely, saved me a lot of time.

Anyway, there are a number of positive issues just in the election of Obama. Before the election months ago, I was quite worried, thinking that the Democrats were committing political suicide by placing either a woman or a black man with Muslim sounding names as options for presidency. I am glad that I was proven wrong and the US was more mature than I ever expected. On the other hand, no longer will we have to hear the rant of the black people being oppressed and so on, as now there is a clear sign that that is no longer the case. Maybe this will help most US citizens work in a more united fashion.

People outside the US once again feel a bit more respect for it all, it's a matter of showing that the respect is well placed and I hope Obama will make it clear that it is deserved and can be even more deserving (so I hope).

Just because a few people are commenting on a general subject does not make this forum political, people are more than Puerto Vallarta and superficial subjects... no? :D

Greetings

Mogens

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:27 pm

That's the best thing about the election of Obama is the boost to the U.S. image. However, let's not for a moment think that because we have elected a black president, racism is no longer an issue. That would be very dangerous. The white sheets and pointy hats are still out there, and the skin heads and so on, along with the not so obvious bigots. We in the U.S. have taken a huge step but the fight against racism goes on.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Conspiracy Stuff

Post by smitty » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Hey DugChan- this is for you - is that really a Border Collie ? Hmmmm....... ???

http://www.spiralpocus.com/wp-content/u ... -sheep.jpg