Baby - it's cold outside!!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
Baby - it's cold outside!!

Post by northmb » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Okay - winter has officially arrived here in the north! It is minus 35 with a windchill of minus 48 this morning!!

:shock:

I so want to be in PV!!!!How many more days??

Sherry

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 pm

DELETED

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:46 pm

It is a little chilly here..... Not so much the temp until tonight...-28C ....
Its the wind... Blowing to 74km/h
Add a little snow and the backroads are going to be a mess..
My day is sunny though... Our job site is on an acreage North West of Airdire...
This morning The guys told me to stay home and keep warm..
I never argued just said ..Ok Thanks ... :)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Feel sorry for you guys. Watching the weather channel right now, and all the highways are closed for the blizzard, massive snow, etc. You should come and live further north. It's only -23 here and pretty decent outside... can't feel the wind through all these trees. We got a couple feet of snow in the last few months, so sent some south.

If we dream and pray hard enough, it might all shift and head for Iowa.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:50 pm

DELETED

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:51 pm

It's not that cold here today just -1 but it's SNOWING again. Suppose to get up to 15cm today. I've really had enough of this white crap. :lol: What's even more depressing is I have no ticker so I can't even count down how many days until PV and getting to PV this year looking very bleak so far.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:29 pm

lots of snow coming in here today and apparently continuing into tommorrow. which really sucks because I have to go to winnipeg tommorrow with my son and tyler and I cant stand being on the roads when its like this.

quote- What's even more depressing is I have no ticker so I can't even count down how many days until PV and getting to PV this year looking very bleak so far.

I hear you on that lori Im so sad that I have no break in the winter this year but lets hope we can both get down there next year. :)

DugChan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by DugChan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:20 pm

I'm in the heart of ole man winter in sask. 70km winds , 15-20 cm of snow, temps dropping all day to minus 31.Drove out to the field office last night before it hit, and I'm glad I did, or I wouldn't have made it.Spent most of last night planning my next escape.I'm thinking April, if I get out of here by then.I sure miss PV

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 pm

OK, guess what? We have a forcast for snow tonight on the valley floor here in N. Cal. The last couple days have been close to 70F. This is way wierd.

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by PV Patty » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:15 am

gosh and I was going on about snow again in Vancouver.. I mean what the @#$% is going on?

brrrrrrr ... feeling for ya up further north!

lanhawk
PV Fan
PV Fan

Cold in the Windy City

Post by lanhawk » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:28 am

Its about 10 degrees here, but no snow, we haven't had any significant amount of snow all season. Nothing like feeling cold and looking at frozen ground. Just counting the days... :wink:

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:31 pm

DELETED

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:35 pm

Oh woe is me!! Again this morning it's really, really cold out - minus 36 but the wind chill is even worse than yesterday - it's minus 50 out there right now!! [cold] I am having a hard time convincing myself to get my butt out the door to go to work. At least the sun will shine today.

I feel for those of you getting dumped on with all that snow. At least we don't have to shovel - it's even too cold to snow!!

Stay warm everyone!!

Sherry

gingermaei
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gingermaei » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:30 pm

Ok you guys are really getting some cold weather....I'll quit whinning about it being 19 degrees out...at least it above zero.

Ginger

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Oh woe is me! For the first time since I got it, my early 90's chrysler work van did not start this morning. It has NEVER been plugged in in it's life, and has always started (always just out on the street), but this morning /today we are hit with cold that with windchill is in the -50's so it decided to not even crank over. The other two vehicles we have (not plugged in either) started, but then did not want to move, and it was just to cold to sit on that frozen seat. Took half an hour to coax them into gear. Even dreaming/fantasizing, whatever about PV right now ain't gonna change the mindset around here.

gingermaei
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gingermaei » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I think you should just stop and treat yourself to one of those mexican coffees...Think thats what they are called...you know the one that has alcohol, and is brought to you flamming....sounds so goooood!
Ginger

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:03 pm

DELETED

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:32 pm

I know what you mean about frozen car seats! Nothing can be happy about having to move in these windchills - especially me! But we are a stubborn, hardy bunch - we actually bbq'ed last night out in our friend's gazebo. Took forever - had to keep bringing the tank in from the cold to warm it up in order to keep the propane flowing - but we just won't give in to this cold!!

Bretta - in 47 more days we will be in PV! Not really counting though!! :lol:

Sherry

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:46 pm

DELETED

tequilagirl
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by tequilagirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Sorry B, not too rub it in or anything but : CHECK OUT MY TICKER!!
Ha, Ha, Ha, (evil laugh!! }:->)
I know, i'm bad, you'll do the same to me soon!
(Not kidding about the room in my suitcase, climb on in girl!!! :D )