You never think it will happen to someone you know.

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
You never think it will happen to someone you know.

Post by chuck » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:39 pm

FYI a very good student that I have had in class the last year has been abducted. The area we live in is so quiet and rural you never think this would happen in our community.
http://union.k12.mo.us/aalert/AAFlyer.pdf

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Chuck - that is horrible. It must send chills down your spine - especially when it is someone you know and it happens right in your own "back yard". We'll pray for his safe return.

Sherry

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Horrible

Post by webmaster » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Now that is terrible! I'm sure it's quite disturbing for you, but I don't even want to imagine how terrible and distressing this is for the parents... I really feel for them... hopefully they can find him and soon. For people that can do such a horrible action, my worst wishes, I hope they die slowly (preferably a painful death) but soon or rot in jail as the toy boy for all the inmates.

Mogens

PS: Sorry 'bout being so blunt, but I think for things like these (rape, pedophilia, kidnappings, etc.) that we need to be blunt... no?

gingermaei
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gingermaei » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:13 pm

I am very sorry to hear about your student...I hope that everthing turns out ok and in the mean time i will pray for her.
Ginger

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:01 am

Chuck, that is just horrible. I can't even begin to imagine what the family must be going through. I am always telling Connor that these things can happen anywere and at any time. I echo what Mogens said.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:56 am

That is just horrible. I can only imagine what the parents are going through. I have a six year old and when we are out shopping for clothes and I'm not watching her, she likes to run off and hide in the clothes and when I call her she doesn't answer. When that happens sometimes I get this sick feeling in my stomach, to where I almost panic. I keep telling her, just to scare her, she keeps this up one day the bad man is going to come and take her away but it doesn't seem to be working.

pvfan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pvfan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 am

That is horrible! I feel sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with this boy, and my prayers as well.

Palapa_gal, I know your fears. I have 4 kids, and when we are out, I find I spend most of my time counting heads. There is no fear larger than losing your child.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:13 am

Very very sorry to hear what happened, and in addition to wishing the boy well, I do hope that it does not distress you in a drastic way. When someone we know has had their life interfered with, it is hard to become emotionally detached from the situation.

Our Judicial systems (Canada and U.S.) do not have an adequate and appropriate punishment for the people that perpetrate these crimes. I hope that this is a 'simple' abduction (if any ever could be) and that everthing turns out ok for this young boy. We may have had a similar thing happen in our Province this summer with the boys being rescued by Police and which is now going to go directly to trial. In Canada the Prosecutor has the right to go directly to Indictment, (bypass a Preliminary Hearing which is equal to the U.S. grand jury thing), and announced today that is what they are going to do to save the children having to testify more than once.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/s ... tmore.html

I echo what Mogens wrote, however the rule of law has to apply here in order to prevent greater anarchy than what we at times seem to now have. I would add that our system of penalties should be changed to make them pay more dearly and directly for their crimes, and once they have been properly convicted of that offence, I for one, would have no problem volunteering to trip the switch.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:35 am

In order to stay on track here, all I'll say is that we ought to string up the bastards. I also want to say to mogens: This is what I'm talking about: PS: Sorry 'bout being so blunt, but I think for things like these (rape, pedophilia, kidnappings, etc.) that we need to be blunt... no? YES!! Mogens we do need to be blunt!. After all, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem!! Chuck... 8)

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:53 pm

I too pray that the boy is returned safe...

I can not imagine the pain the parents and rest of the family are going through..

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:58 pm

Very sorry to here. Please Chuck keep us posted.

Condor :(

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:13 pm

I would think that this is every parents worst nightmare. My heart goes out to the family of this young child. I panick very easily when it comes to my children expecially when we go to winnipeg and every time I have the same talk with them you stay close to me no running off because that is all it takes is one second of you not seeing them and they can be gone these sickos watch for that.There is no justification for these kind of acts in my opnion.

thoughts and prayers going to chuck and the family for a unharmed safe return of this child.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:40 pm

man you just never know... well i am with Charlieb... stringing him up is too good for that varment... for me most pedofiles ought to be nailed to a fence post and pushed over backwards... and you know what we are nailing to the post too... LOL... but these sick "b" need to be shown no mercy... it is time to clean house around the globe that is for sure... no more 'dr visits" no more help for them over and over... it is just plain time to KNOCK some heads...

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:08 pm

DELETED

dani26
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by dani26 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:30 pm

chuck, i saw this on the local news in spokane wash. we are ALL keeping a eye out.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:08 pm

More on my previous post about the paedophile charged in our Province.

This is in today's Newspaper.

Peter Whitmore will go straight to trial without a preliminary hearing after the Crown took the unusual step Thursday of proceeding by direct indictment in the high-profile case.

Crown prosecutor Anthony Gerein informed Whitmore of the decision during a private meeting Thursday morning, and announced it publicly in provincial court a short time later.

Whitmore was clearly put off by the Crown's decision, and immediately asked Judge Carole Snell how he could appeal.

When told the matter cannot be appealed, Whitmore voiced his annoyance.

''I'm not allowed to look at my disclosure, I'm not allowed to have a bail hearing, I'm not allowed to have a preliminary hearing,'' he complained.

Whitmore - who appeared on Thursday with his curly hair closely shorn and the zipper of his pants half open - left the courtroom mumbling, ''I have no rights in Saskatchewan.''

He remains in custody.

IT SURE IS NICE TO SEE THAT ON OCCASION OUR POLITICIANS USE COMMON SENSE AND FIND THEIR BACKBONE

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:36 pm

ronald wrote:Whitmore - who appeared on Thursday with his curly hair closely shorn and the zipper of his pants half open - left the courtroom mumbling, ''I have no rights in Saskatchewan.''
I wonder if he considered the rights of those he assaulted? Of course not, and now he wants to have rights or be treated with kid gloves? Pahhh!

Mogens

dani26
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by dani26 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:15 am

chuck it sounds like they might have caught the guy. any word on william?let us all pray he is ok.

dani26
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by dani26 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:38 am

chuck/ they got him and he's ok!!!!!!!! dan.

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:04 am

What great news. Also the young boy that was abducted 4 years ago by the same creep has been reunited with his family. What a fantastic way to end a very disturbing occurance.