I think I have a addiction -pv

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru
I think I have a addiction -pv

Post by JROJEFF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 pm

I feel that I should go to meetings ,I need to go ,but have to wait another month, can't stop thinking about vacation, just drink beer and visit the forum, work and PV is all I can think right now-And I hold all my friends that I have met and going to meet for the blame ,well I will take half- have a great weekend and we will keep counting the days for each other,strength in numbers.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:03 am

I have the same addiction!!! Can't stop visiting this forum or doing searches on where to eat, where to go, what to do!!! Two weeks of vacation won't be long enough!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:53 am

I hear you chris two weeks may not be long enough ,thats why I am up going to work on a saturday at 5am ,make some extra loot ,maybe stay a few more days :shock:

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Must be contagious. When we started to go 24 years ago, one week was fine. The last 5 years the 3 weeks does not seem enough. Hard to believe that our trip this coming Oct/Nov will be our 25th straight year in PV. Do you think it is addiction or a rut? We have never been disappointed.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:40 pm

it is an epedemic i tell you... it is a covert operation to get us all "hooked" on Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Vacations, enjoying the finer things in life... i know, as i have it just as bad as everybody else... can't you tell... LOL Lorrie and i love our two weeks every february... i would love to just take the whole month of February and spend it down there... actually i would love to go down and NEVER come back .... sorry i just had to be honest with you... besides i think i have terrettz (sp) syndrome with these sudden OUTBURSTS....

have agreat weekend guys... see you in a month Jeff... lorrie and I look forward to meeting you, and hanging out together... Howard... we will cross paths some day that is for sure... sooner or later we will be in vallarta together for some serious cocktails and sunsets...

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:24 pm

But what a sweet, wonderful addiction! PV is always on my mind - knowing that we'll be there soon is what gets me through the day some days!

People are often surprised that we are going back - again! We always get asked - why don't you try somewhere else? And I always say - When you've found perfection why would you want to try anywhere else! :D

Have a great time everyone - see you soon in paradise!!

Sherry

Weezie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Weezie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:09 pm

You said it perfectly. We go nowhere else since we first went to PV in 1998. Can't wait.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Common Illness

Post by smitty » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm addicted to threads about PV addiction ! :)

viewtopic.php?t=5530

kagnew64
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

PV Addiction

Post by kagnew64 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Much is known of this addiction, but little is known of the side effects of
the cure. The side effects, medically known as PPVDD (Post Puerto
Vallarta Deep Depression), is very insidious and uncurable. I am
personally am doing research on this medical problem.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Sure smitty mess with the guy who had 2 many beers and was to lazy to go find the old thread :lol:

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:03 pm

The first time we went was for 1 week and that was it. We said never again are we going for only 1 week, then for several years in a row we upgraded to 2 weeks and now I'm going for 7 weeks and 3 days!!!
Fred asked me a while ago what I wanted for my 50th birthday, which by the way is only a few years away, and I said I wanted 3 months in Puerto Vallarta. His eyes glazed over when I said that, but I told him not to ask me if he didn't want to know!!!

Joyce

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:50 pm

Great new thread and Great Old thread... :)

I was addicted to Puerto Vallarta a few years ago...I still am addicted to this board.. :) :D
Puerto Vallarta is on top of my list of places I want to return to and will again one day but...for me there are so many other wonderful places in Mexico and the World that I want to explore while I can.. Does not mean I like PV any less...

Puerto Vallarta will be there waiting for when we are ready to return..

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Old Threads Same Feelings

Post by smitty » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:13 am

Nice reading Mikey's posts . :) Lots of history in the old thread and a good new one by Jeff . :)

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:45 am

Smitty in one month I will drink whatever you choose at andales for you ,as long as it aint crap :o I would enjoy meeting you ,when are you heading to pv next? I rec something with don julio in it or straight ,not that you don't know that already -somebody has got to look out for you-jro

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re: Old Threads Same Feelings

Post by Plus4 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:36 am

smitty wrote:Nice reading Mikey's posts . :) Lots of history in the old thread and a good new one by Jeff . :)
quote="smitty"]Nice reading Mikey's posts . :) Lots of history in the old thread and a good new one by Jeff . :)[/quote]

Jimbo it was very nice reading Mikey's posts..
I believe Mikey's ashes were to be scattered somewhere in PV..He loved the place..

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:33 am

I WOULD HAVE NEVER RE-BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT If I HAD KNOWN that MIKEY Was a friend of the board, my appology to each and everyone that I may have offended-jeff

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

PVitis

Post by smitty » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:25 am

Jeff thanks for the offer of a drink but we won't be back till late next year . Definitely hoist a few back for me ! :) Your thread certainly didn't give any offence - just the opposite . When I read your post it made me smile and when I reread the old one the smile got even bigger !
Mikey had many friends on all the PV boards . Rereading his posts bring back good memories . :)

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:07 pm

I am going to have to go to other meetings if I keep practicing for pv,good lord its only 8 am here and I had to make sure the rum didn't go flat last night

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:30 pm

oh that old thread does bring back some wonderful memories... and don't worry jeff, it is great to have new people feeling the symptoms of PV addiction...

and yes the post partum syndrome of leaving PV is just totally insane... and that is when you start planning the next trip right back to Vallarta...

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:10 pm

i got the disease from our best friends.
our scheduled treatment therapy is soon approaching.