Blood needed

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Blood needed

Post by palapa_gal » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:44 pm

With so many people heading down in the next 2 weeks I thought I would copy this from another board and post it here. I realize for some of you that no drinking for 24 hours could cause a problem but I thought maybe you could give some blood during your first day then you can all party it up and feel good about it.
I know that you are all tired of my emails with this same plea - but it is a very desperate situation here in the Vallarta area as there is not one single drop of blood and we are in high season with many hospitalized people - both international & national.
I beg you to PLEASE consider donating a pint! Think if it was you or one of your loved ones - same situation!
To donate please go to:
Hospital San Javier
Blood Bank - Second Floor
8am until 7pm
Nothing to eat or drink for 10 hours
No alcohol for 24 hours
Maximum age 62 BUT if you are in good health, you might qualify.
Please forward this to everyone on your email list.
For further information, please contact me at
22 29638
044 322 107 7007
Thank you!!!!
Pamela Thompson

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 pm

I can imagine how health care workers must feel when they do not have a drop of blood .

Just wondering do local people not donate blood..
Are there blood drives in PV like we have in Canada :?

I wish Pam the best and hope that blood is donated but I understand why when one is on vacation folks do not take the time to donate blood..

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:45 pm

DELETED

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:33 pm

mexibeach wrote:I have to ask; who is the woman asking for the blood in Vallarta? I mean, hubby and I donate here all the time and we don't have to fast for 10 hrs prior to.... the no alcohol is undertood but no food...???
I've never met Pam Thompson but I do know what she does and my best description of her would be to call her PV's Angel. From knowing almost everything in the medical system and helping anyone and everyone who needed and asked for help. To helping with every charity and knowing what was needed most for each different group.
Recently she has started her own company http://www.healthcareresourcespv.com/
and before that she was working at Cornerstone Hospital. I believe she has been in PV for 15 years and working in the medical system in some capacity for those 15 years.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:18 pm

DELETED

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Pam

Post by Jennybean » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Rest assured, Pam is legit. I've met her on several occasions...she is an angel to the PV community, they're very lucky to have her.

When she was at Cornerstone she filled several functions, but the bulk of her work was directing the air ambulance evacuation services out of Vallarta. It was because of Pam's work I started purchasing supplementary travel insurance when I found out how much money an evacuation costs (minimum 20 grand). Something I recommend to EVERYone now. LOL

If you can help out, please do. If you have any questions whatsoever, she's always happy to answer them.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:46 pm

mexibeach wrote:I have to ask; who is the woman asking for the blood in Vallarta? I mean, hubby and I donate here all the time and we don't have to fast for 10 hrs prior to.... the no alcohol is undertood but no food...???
I asked that last year when I went to donate blood. My memory is fuzzy but I believe the reason is that they use the blood differently here. At home do they separate it into platelets and other parts and here use it whole? I think it's something like that anyway.