If not PV where?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:57 am

how about the beaches of thailand? i've never been but both of my brothers have and they say they are spetacular. i've checked them out on the web and have drooled and aaahed.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:37 pm

I have always wanted to go to costa rico, been to spain ,italy ,france, p rico, but never had people treat me the way they do in mexico ,just the hello ,good afternoon ,good night ,from total strangers. Good people make a vacation. Thats why I keep coming back

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:08 pm

chi-mike wrote:I will be visiting 2 brothers and a sister in houston texas next week and then on to san antonio for their annual fiesta week.first time to houston but many times to san antonio. one of my favorite places.tried moving to s.a. when I was 19 but couldn't get a job.I lived 3 blocks from the alamo. lots of history,the riverwalk. great restaurants. half my family migrated to texas because they got tired of the chicago winters.the six flags theme park originated in texas. can anybody name the 6 flags that flew over texas? first prize is one week at the old molina de agua.
The 6 flags that flew over Mexico would have been the Spanish flag, the French, the Mexican, the US flag, the Confederate flag and the Republic of Texas flag (I just took a history course at the International Friendship Club called Six Moments in Mexican History).

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Flags

Post by smitty » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:57 pm

I cheated with google so didn't answer . San Antonio sounds very interesting . Here are the 6 flags .

-http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/6flags.htm

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

i would like to try Roatan.

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:18 pm

congratulations ellen, you can pick up your voucher for your week at the molina de agua at the front desk of the camino real.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:15 pm

congrats ellen.... E)E :)
How nice the voucher would be....

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Copenhagen, obviously:
http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/

Though you'll freeze your a$$ off if you got to the beach expecting PV temps, but if your from Canada, temps will be humanly acceptable... ;-)

Mogens

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 pm

chi-mike wrote:congratulations ellen, you can pick up your voucher for your week at the molina de agua at the front desk of the camino real.
Mike, you're such a great guy, thank you very much. Please tell the reservations people at Camino Real that I will be down to collect my voucher on April 31st.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm

Thanks for all the replies so far. :D Keep them coming. Some that have been mentioned were on my list. Turks and Caicos being at the top but the only place I looked at was Beaches Resort and that came close to $10K without air so will have to keep looking for other accomodations. There are some that I would definately like to visit (Thailand, Australia) but for those I want to wait for the daughter to get a little older so that she can appreciate these places more.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Lori I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Puerto Vallarta...
Sooo soon... :)

It is fun planning and dreaming of one's vacations...
Good post... :)