How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MartyC
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by MartyC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:35 pm

We have been wanting to get up to RG for some time now. Have you travelled there before? What is the "great B&B" that you mention? Do tell!! PM me if you want to keep it "secret"... ha ha

All the best,

Sandra[/quote]

No secret Sandra. It's Casa de Ensuenos. It's almost at the north? end of the beach, really close to La Panita. We do highly recommend the place.
Try their website www.casadeensuenos.com

edlin68
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by edlin68 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 am

i will not be in PV this October. :( First time in 5 years. but I will be there twice in 2009. I will be on my honeymoon in July staying at velas near marina (any tips about this resort?) then back to lapalapa Condos in October with the gals. I love this site. it makes me feel like i am there.

cigard
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cigard » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 pm

4 more days!!!!!

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 pm

we will be in p.v from december 6th to the 14th. 3 days at the buenaventura (1st time) and 5 days at the suites emperador ( 4th time) we like this time of the year because of the festival of the virgin of guadalupe.I'm planning on renting a car for the first 3 days and doing some exploring of the area. san pancho, sayulita etc.I know the buenaventura hotel does not have parking for guest but I think I can park on the streets. if anybody has any advice for me on parking pls. let me know.I always try to include some "off the beaten path" restaurants on my trips. on my list this year are, hacienda xochitl (col agua azul),tonys la choza (mismaloya),mauricios (hwy to las palmas) gueros palancas (same hwy on the rio mascota)and el brujo in bucerias. again, comments or info on these restaurants would be appreciated. we will dine one night sitting on the curb and watching the peragrinaciones and eating from the many vendors that set up along juarez av.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:32 am

We will be down Feb 28 for two weeks. We always are at a timeshare located at Sheraton Buganvilias. It is so convenient to the Malecon and we do enjoy walking and browsing all the shops. We try to get out to several of the restaurants in the area. We also enjoy the food at the Sheraton.

We have done most of the things that I think my knees will withstand. We have looked at doing some of the tours, but they seem to be pretty pricey. We walk down to the flea market and would like to find more places like that, but I doubt we would play a couple of hundred dollars just to be bused to other places.

We do not buy a great deal, but always run across some interesting items that we do come home with. Last year, my wife chose a necklace and ear ring set from a vendor within the resort property. I would never purchase from the beach.

any suggestions????
Last edited by GreatOwl on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:11 am

I would suggest a bus trip (local and cheap) for a day trip up to Bucerias and do their market...very friendly, much more laid back, and a little better prices and more of a willingness to haggle.

Bucerias is a wonderful little village...enjoy!

P.s. a local bus ride south to Boca de Tomatlan is a great cheap ride, grab a seat on the beach under a Palapa- cheap beers and cheap eats.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:49 am

thanks, I like to haggle. Not because I am cheap, it just is an interesting way to shop.

Go2Mexico
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Go2Mexico » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:59 am

Going to Guayabitos for 15 days in January. We are house sitting for friends. We are looking for cheap car rental. Any idea's? oEo

LadyLin
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

3 weeks till back in Paradise...

Post by LadyLin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm

We are coming down in 3 weeks, and will stay at the Tropicana the first week, then rent a car and explore south. Hopefully, also a few days in Yelapa. I can hardly wait to get back. Does anyone know if Arcano is still playing in the square in PV in the evenings?

munoz124
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

we will be there feb 12 through the 24

Post by munoz124 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:54 pm

my husband and i will be in PV on feb 12-24, this is like our 8 trip in the last 6 years, love it.. most the time we have stayed at los arcos on the beach, last year and this year staying across the street at los dona suzanna, is part of the los arcos suites..its for adults only, roof top pool that hardly gets used, staff very friendly. love this part of mexico and the hotels, you feel like you are really part of the family. Everyone is always so wonderful to us..my fav place to eat is joe jacks, plus the place right down from the internet cafe, we eat breakfast there almost everyday and sometimes lunch. love the taco cart right next to maximillians, eat there all day long usually...love the torta's...

im drooling just thinking about the trip, 60 more days...cant wait

pvmike
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pvmike » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 pm

I plan to come down in April 2009 - not during Mexican spring break - and also for three weeks in July.

This marks my 29th year visitng the most beautifl vacation spot.

I bought a condo five years ago (for the price I could have bought a mansion in 1980)

Still love to go to CHez Elena and El Nido for the greatest view in town. Love the food at El Repollo Rojo and sunset cocktails at El Tropical.

Always love visitng my hijiado in Pittillal.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:26 am

GreatOwl wrote: Last year, my wife chose a necklace and ear ring set from a vendor within the resort property. I would never purchase from the beach.
Why? that's the part I look forward to the most.. I still have jewelry that I bought 5 years ago.. besides, the vendor in the resort would probably have bought his items from the exact same place the beach vendors would have. :?

We just got back into Winnipeg yesterday around noon...wish I could go back today. It was -38C with the windchill last I looked. :(

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:59 pm

I would never purchase from the beach.

I was wondering why also? Most of them do buy from the same place but I have "MY" silver vendor that works on the beach and makes all his own jewelry. Besides selling on the beach, his jewelry is in several jewelry stores (for sale on a commission basis). I have gotten some really unique pieces from him and every year when I get down there he has something special to show "me" that he has made and thinks "I" will like. The best part is....he takes credit cards. :D :D :D :D

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2

Post by Plus4 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Plus4 wrote:Just curious :) How many have plans to go to Puerto Vallarta or other areas in Mexico 2008 and winter 2009 for a vacation ?..

When are you planning to go and where will you stay and for how long ?.. :)

What helps you make your final decision on the place you choose to stay at...
Price?... location? amenities etc ?

4 more sleeps Helen and you will be on your way to Puerto Escondido...

Have a wonderful 2 week vacation.. :)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

This looks gorgeous!!! One of the places I have always wanted to go to!!

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

PE

Post by helenf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks Sylvia. Can't wait. :lol:

Chrisnick, we went to Huatulco this past April (after we spent Christmas in PVR) and discovered Puerto Escondido while there. Decided that if we could swing it this Christmas - we would head there for two weeks. (Our first two week vacation - yahoo).

Great package for two weeks AI to the Best Western Posada Real Puerto Escondido (Through Sunwing.ca - direct flight). If you were to book from Winnipeg the package actually comes up as Huatulco (not Puerto Escondido) as you fly into Huatulco and then take a tour bus to PE which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away). Small surfing place. Only about 50,000 people live there and the beaches are phenomenal too.

Still hoping that we will be able to head back to PV this year too, however, we'll just have to wait and see.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here on the board.

Helen

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Have a good holiday!! I'm looking forward to a week in Jamaica in early February (with the husband) and PV the last week in February. Can't wait!!

shawnie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by shawnie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:35 pm

My mom Dad and I will be in PV January 17th, we are driving from Michigan!~ Can't wait to get there, at the moment we are snowed in and waiting for a plow to get out! It's not even officially winter yet and we are snowed i!
:lol:Image

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

PV Friends

Post by smitty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:30 pm

I know Helen and Doug are having fun in Puerto Escondido . Laurie and I are looking forward to meeting Joyce and her sis at Andales in the very near future . :D

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: PV Friends

Post by ellen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:11 pm

smitty wrote:I know Helen and Doug are having fun in Puerto Escondido . Laurie and I are looking forward to meeting Joyce and her sis at Andales in the very near future . :D
I'll be there this year from December 30 to April 30. Dave and I just bought a larger condo in the same building as our original one, which Joyce is now renting from us. Maybe we'll tag along to Andales with her and her sister. I've been by it many times but never have partaken of the fun. See you soon.