Getting EXCITED!!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan
Getting EXCITED!!

Post by Sunluvr » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:20 am

Our first visit to PV was in Feb of 2004. We rented a villa above Mismalyoa with friends; we were both celebrating our 20th wedding anniversaries. :D We spent 10 nights and 11 days of pure heaven - we took the bus everywhere and had adventures nearly every day. We took water taxis to Yelapa and another day was dropped at Las Animas for hours. It was so wonderful. . . The husbands planned a vow renewal on Los Muertos beach on our last night. We then had champagne, went to dinner and danced the night away. I could, as most anyone who loves PV, go on and on about the adventures of that trip.

Fast forward . . . we purchased a timeshare summer of 2007 and finally have the opportunity to use it. WE'RE COMING BACK!! This time we're staying in NV (anyone have any info on Paradise Village?) and bringing my sister and brother-in-law. They've been married for nine years and NEVER had a honeymoon.

We'll be there for a week in July - and although it may not be the ideal time of year, I am about ready to bust. So many memories. . .

So - what's new in the area - what's a new "must do"?

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Happiness Factor In PV Soon To Rise

Post by smitty » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Hey Sunluvr- your enthusiasm is very refreshing ! :) With your positive attitude I don't think you will be short of things to do during your vacation . Relive some of your past adventures with your sister and brother in law - you will be sharing those tales for years !

Remember us with a trip report - pretty sure it would be good reading !

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

Spreading enthusiasm

Post by Sunluvr » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Smitty - thanks for the post. :D We are definitely ready for more fun! Can't wait to head back to Sayulita for surfing lessons; take water taxi to Yelapa; hire a panga for the day to take us to Las Animas, etc. . .

This time we're going to go into Bucerias - never made it last time. Do you have recommendations of what *must* be done there? We are active people but definitely enjoy good food and beverages and down-time on the beach.

I'm going to pull out my pics from '04 and share them. I still have them as my screen saver at work!

Anywhere else (or activity) that you think we should definitely make time for? We only have a week but what a week it will be!

Wanda

rffranks
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Excited Too!

Post by rffranks » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm

My wife and I leave in 16 days - third time to PV and can't wait.

Last year we went to Bucerias and had a blast even though the weather was lousy. The shopping was fantastic - prices were very reasonable and the vendors were less pushy than in town. We bar-hopped at some very cool places and had a wonderful meal at a little place called "Miguel Angel". They had live entertainment which was a lounge singer sort of guy doing old Elvis and Beatles songs. He took requests and it was a lot of fun. The food was great and I think the bill totalled about $40 with drinks.

We are definitely visiting Bucerias again.

Hope this is helpful.

vexsgirl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Excited 3!

Post by vexsgirl » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 pm

hahaha..
We leave in 3 more sleeps! Cant wait to get the sun... its been a very long winter!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:29 pm

You'll have a great time, that's for sure, take a look at this thread and see if there is something that appeals to you:
viewtopic.php?t=12719

Greetings

Mogens
Webhamster

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

excited 4!

Post by PV Patty » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm

only have 14 sleeps.. well thats if I actually sleep the 2 days before I leave. I have been down 28 times (I think) and I still get so excited! I started packing 3 weeks ago! see ya-all down there 8)

Patty

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

Wonder

Post by Sunluvr » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:31 am

I wonder if people who travel to other parts of the world are as nutty about their "place" as we are about PV??? :D

I need to be careful because I'm already starting to obsess about the trip. I've pulled out my pics and started "remembering." I've been going through the "What one thing must you do" and realize we did most of them on our first trip - so I need NEW things to do kids!! :D

I know I won't sleep when it gets down to the wire!

I'm enjoying the forum everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you on one of my trips (this may be only my second trip - but there will be MANY more to come!)

Wanda

Fatboy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Fatboy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:01 pm

16 sleeps for me! First timer, I love this forum, you're right sunluvr, I don't think I've ever heard this many people rave about one place, I'm excited to experience the area.

vexsgirl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Just had to write!

Post by vexsgirl » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:45 am

Ok, 4am and Im awake due to having to be up at 3 am tomorrow morning to catch our 6am flight for PV. Im so excited, I feel like a kid waiting for christmas morning! One more partial sleep and Im in PV! wooohooo!

Cheers to all!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Enjoy your vacation vexsgirl 8V8 ...Lucky you... :)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

PV Next Stop

Post by smitty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Good for you Vexsgirl ! Enjoy , enjoy , enjoy ! :)

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

Wonderful

Post by Sunluvr » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:51 pm

I am so excited for you! Have a great time - look forward to your trip report!

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Spreading enthusiasm

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 am

Sunluvr wrote:for surfing lessons; take water taxi to Yelapa; hire a panga for the day to take us to Las Animas, etc. . .

Sounds like fun! I've never surfed before but would like to learn someday. Are the waves scary for beginners like me? May I know what's the surfing lesson package like?

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

Surfing in Sayulita

Post by Sunluvr » Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

The beach in Sayulita is just like a ski slope - the waves graduate from easy to expert! My husband - who had never surfed in his life - and our friend each hired a surfer dude (grin) for an hour lesson. They were both catching waves before the hour was up. My husband said it was the highlight of the trip. We will probably go there first this time!