HAPPY CANADA DAY

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
HAPPY CANADA DAY

Post by ronald » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 am

I would just like to say Happy Canada Day to everyone in Canada, and to any Canadians that might be in Puerto Vallarta at this time. I am sure that any who visit Senor Fox at Cafe Roma today will celebrate in their own way while consuming a few of his 5 peso drinks. Or your favorite watering hole will do I guess.

I'm guessing that here in our little community we will get rained out.. They have lots planned, (pancake breakfast through to fireworks) but it's raining big time right now, and the forecast says it will continue throughout tomorrow as well.

And to all you Americans getting ready for the 4th, I suggest you take advantage of our National Holiday and start drinking (priming the pump so to speak) today out of respect for our day, and then keep going until the weekend. I'll do the same from this end. I mean... least I can do for you guys.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:10 am

Such a valiant effort Ronald, thanks for starting the celebration for us, keep it going until we can catch up with you on the 4th. Hope you dry out, we could use some of that water here, maybe people could water our lawns more than twice a week. Luckily the city I live in has their own wells so we aren't on rationing, yet anyway. It's 85 here so you drink for me and I will enjoy the sunshine for you...deal?

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Happy Canada Day...Image

I love our Country and feel we are blessed to live here..

Off to see our local parade...
Family barbecue tonight...

We are praying for rain..
Some areas in Alberta are experiencing record breaking drought..

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:19 pm

No rain here in BC - sunny and cool. A nice break from the PV rain and humidity in June. Some kind of record in Alta Vista - around 20" I believe.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Happy Canada Day, neighbors.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:59 pm

last Friday & Saturday we got dumped on big time here in Manitoba - up to 5 inches they say. Went ATVing on Sunday and in some places the water was chest high...:)

Happy Canada Day everyone!

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:13 am

Happy Canada Day to all of my neighbors in "USA North" From your friend in "Canada South"

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:54 am

Our Canada Day celebration started the night before, we went to the Randy Bachman Burton Cummings concert. It was great. Did a little work in the yard on the 1st and had my sister over for a bbq dinner and watched the local fireworks.
Joyce

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:25 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:Our Canada Day celebration started the night before, we went to the Randy Bachman Burton Cummings concert. It was great. Did a little work in the yard on the 1st and had my sister over for a bbq dinner and watched the local fireworks.
Joyce
We went on a Toronto riverboat cruise around the islands and watched the fireworks at Ontario Place. Not quite up to Vallarta on New Years Eve status but pretty good. But Joyce, I might have traded that for a chance to see Burton in person. Was he as awesome as ever?

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:49 am

ellen wrote:
travelbug_jp wrote:Our Canada Day celebration started the night before, we went to the Randy Bachman Burton Cummings concert. It was great. Did a little work in the yard on the 1st and had my sister over for a bbq dinner and watched the local fireworks.
Joyce
We went on a Toronto riverboat cruise around the islands and watched the fireworks at Ontario Place. Not quite up to Vallarta on New Years Eve status but pretty good. But Joyce, I might have traded that for a chance to see Burton in person. Was he as awesome as ever?
The local fireworks suffered from mechanical errors or something like that so they left a bit to be desired this year. YES Burton and Randy were awesome!! They played a lot of their original stuff and a few of the recent ones as well that they have recorded individually. In between each song they told little stories or anicdotes about the upcoming song, what gave them inspiration and the local venues where they used to play and how it all started for them. It was superb and I'm so glad I had a chance to see them perform live. However, if I'm honest I have to say that of all the concerts I've ever been at Leonard Cohen beats them all. We've seen him live twice and even now his voice is still as smooth and golden as ever.
See you in January.
Joyce