Eating in Puerto Vallarta

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nancerini
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Eating in Puerto Vallarta

Post by nancerini » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm so excited about travelling to PV for the first time this Nov. but I have some questions about eating and drinking water etc. I have a digestive disorder and I asked my doc about it and he told me to check the Center for Disease Control website. Checked it, no luck, all stuff about H1N1 virus. I have Crohn's and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about what to avoid eating so as not to get Montezuma's Revenge. I heard not to drink the water or use ice. Can you eat any fresh fruits and veggies served in restaurants? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 pm

My son has Crohn's and he has no problems adjusting to the food there anymore than he has at home. The water is fine in PV it is certified drinkable and most of the resorts have a secondary filtration system, but he drinks only bottled water just to be on the safe side. He has been to PV 7 times and has never had a problem. If you want more info from him send me a PM and he can answer any additional questions for you.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

The water is fine in PV.

Post by pdxbuff » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:06 am

It's probably the only city that it is in Mexico. That's one of the reasons that PV is my favorite Mexican destination.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 am

A great Old :) thread on drinking the water in PV...

viewtopic.php?t=9244