FOR SALE HTC TOUCH DIAMOND2....$240

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Cannot see anything in here pertaining to Hotel, Resorts, etc. I thought postings like this are supposed to be posted in the classified (Vallarta Ads) section. Regards, Harry

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Where is Mogens? This stuff should be deleted by now!

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Easy way to fix these guys is to send an e-mail to the yahoo abuse line at:
abuse@yahoo.com with a copy of the spam... Yahoo will delete his account... all his marketing to date are squat when he has no way of finding out if anybody is trying to contact him.

Yahoo will even send you a confirmation message thanking you and advising they have dealt with it.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 am

I'll tell you guys something: I used to be a moderator, but Mogens fired me. As a mod, I would read the site at least once a day and delete spam. Then for a few months, I would message Mogens and tell him when spam would happen. I asked him to be mod again and he declined, so I'll leave it all up to him. Chuck... 8)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

I sent yahoo an e-mail showing this guy's post, and his yahoo address... their addresses can't be used for commercial purposes as well.. Got this back this afternoon from Yahoo.
Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

In this particular case, we have taken appropriate action against the
Yahoo! account in question that was reported for fraudulent activities,.....
In my opinion this is a better way of shutting these guys down... even if they manage to hook a sucker they'd never know it, because their address is no longer valid and they are unable to determine if anyone responded to their ad.

PS: You seem to be right about Mogens not keeping an eye on it. .. but it is his board and he can treat it as he wishes... I do like to visit it a few times each day to see what's happening... and lately to post some drivel as well. I don't know if there are any mods left that are regularly on the board... but this is the only board that sees any spam for longer than a few minutes.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome back Mod Chuck

Post by webmaster » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:16 am

Again a mod, how long will you survive this time around? :P
You DO do a good job with spam, just don't be too trigger happy you can erase a good post in between. PV ads I move to the ads section, blatant spam deserves the boot, obviously.

Greetings

Mogens

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Congrats on your promo once again Chuck...

I notice that most of the spam comes on between 2 and 6 a.m. except when it comes from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on those days that end with y, but at least 4/7 of the spam comes on days with an 'S' in it, so you'll have to check a little more often on those days, unless you find that they are spamming more on the other days. But you're the Mod and I see Mogens referred to all that in that crypted message of his.