cheap internet access

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

parisha
PV Fan
PV Fan
cheap internet access

Post by parisha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi,

I will be comimg to PV at the end of October for 1 week. My friend needs to use the laptop for an hour or so a day to check up on work email. I know not ideal but has to be done.

The westin are charging USD 23 a day!!!! Is there a cheaper way of doing this than paying USD 23 a day? Anyone going to the WestinRegina who could give me the key for 1 week? Else can I buy a cheap USB modem in PV?

Thanks

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:11 pm

There are many places with WiFi in PV. I am not familiar with places around the Westin area, but in town, I see signs advertising free WiFi. Check out the coffee shops in Old Town.

Also, there are internet cafes all over the places, which charge about 1-2 dollars per hour to use their computers. These places might have WiFi also.

I'm sure you can figure out a less expensive option when you get to PV.

Sally

sarasmile
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sarasmile » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I would also recommend checking out old town. The last time I was there I think it cost me about 5 bucks to use the internet at the local coffee shop. $23 bucks a day seems more than a little rich. If you are in Nuevo it's a little bit of a jaunt to get to old town but if you only need to use it on the one day ...?? We were staying at the San Marino in old town and the coffee shop was really close by.

Good Luck
Sara

5 more sleeps till my all inclusive puerto vallarta vacation!!

Sr. Fox
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Sr. Fox » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 pm

We offer free wireless anytime we are open. No catches or gimmicks.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Sr. Fox wrote:We offer free wireless anytime we are open. No catches or gimmicks.
Well, you might have to drink a beer :)

Sr. Fox
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Sr. Fox » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 pm

But that would be voluntary, not required. :)

parisha
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by parisha » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:22 pm

I'd rather use the free wifi at Romamexico sipping cocktails than pay 23 a day!! Just think how many margaritas and pacificos I can get for 23!!!!

Thanks Sn Fox!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:19 am

It seems to me that when in PV Cafe Roma is the place to be....

I like Cafe Roma's Mission Statement
Good stuff...
:-)4

BillP123
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: cheap internet access

Post by BillP123 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 pm

parisha wrote:Hi,

I will be comimg to PV at the end of October for 1 week. My friend needs to use the laptop for an hour or so a day to check up on work email. I know not ideal but has to be done.

The westin are charging USD 23 a day!!!! Is there a cheaper way of doing this than paying USD 23 a day? Anyone going to the WestinRegina who could give me the key for 1 week? Else can I buy a cheap USB modem in PV?

Thanks
there are a couple places in the Marina, close to Westin. 2 coffee shops, the first one you come across pretty close to Victors offers a code when you buy a cup of coffee that you can use to access their WiFi using your computer. there is another coffee shop in the Marina a little further up called "the coffee shop", pretty original. Both of these coffee shops offer free access to their computers which have internet access. SO you could access email if you have web access to email. I use this when I visit a couple times a year to access my email. Personally, I would rather not but duty calls :-(

parisha
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by parisha » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks!!! Will check out the coffee shops for sure. Did you say the first coffee shop was close to Victors or called Victors? We arrive in the evening on Wed 28, so will case the coffee shops out :-)

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

I wonder...

Post by oneistwo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:28 pm

... how parisha made out. When we're there in March, I'll bring the laptop to Roma. I may have to have a designated laptop carrier before we leave though :-)