wheelchair access

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pjm47
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
wheelchair access

Post by pjm47 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi, this is the first time we are going to Puerto Vallarta. We will be staying at the Paradise Village beach resort and would like to know if we are going to have any problems getting around that area in a wheelchair. We would like any do's and don'ts while there.Would like to see and do as much as we possibly can while there.

Also if we go into town I would like any feedback as to accessibility into places there.
Thanks to any and all your replies.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 am

some of the areas are better than others... but not everything is 100% handicap accessible not to mention wheel chair accessible. when we were down a year ago thanksgiving with my wife's dad who is confined to a wheel chair, we used Accessible Mexico for transportation, rental of an electric wheelchair very similar to the one he has at home. the Golden Crown Paradise and the sister resort the Crown Paradise Club he was able to go betwee the resorts easily enough to watch the grandkids that were staying on that side of the property. He was able to get into all the resturants and bars... the resort also had a manual chair for us to use to get across the street to the Club Nitro for the nightly showes, to meet our friends and staff at the club....

have a great time in Vallarta

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Wheelchair to/from P.V. and getting around

Post by garyrbeck » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I recommend taking taxis from P.V. into town. Almost all good to very good restaurants are wheelchair-accessible. Some have ramps. Buses are totally out. I love them but am mobile. I imagine you are accustomed to this dilemma and I am quite certain you will do just fine! Enjoy the sun, surf, people-watching, eating on the beach plus the fun malecon is available once you get out of the taxi. Locals are very helpful. I recently was quite ill and unsure on my feet for months and the assistance was overwhelming. Everyone does want to help.
grb 8)
cafepress.com vallartaguide

Fatima
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: wheelchair access

Post by Fatima » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:40 am

Before you go there, you should contact first the resort information center to confirm if the wheelchair is allowed in the area. Try to check as well their website to view more information regarding this matter. That is to ensure your immediate adjustment to the environment.