Things Change

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru
Things Change

Post by ozzy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Hey all I hope everyone one is well. It's been a while since I've been on but I was informed by the boss that we are headed to PV in May. It's been a while since we have been there and it used to be my favorite place to go bar none. It looks like we will be staying at the GCP as we have numerous times before and I hear it has had some upgrades looking forward to seeing them. Just a question, as someone that started going to PV over 20 years ago we have seen some changes some good some bad, as it is everywhere, things change and that's a fact. What new things are going on in PV? Just asking so maybe you guys could offer some advise about some activities we could do this trip. We will be taking someone with us this trip who has never been out of the country and I would like to not screw this up for her. Thanks all.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 am

One of the new tours that has my interest peaked is the tour of the mangroves. I don't see it listed on the tours section here yet (unless I missed it) so here is the link:

http://www.hover-tours.com/401.html

I go to Boca de Tomates, where this tours leaves from, often to watch the crocs. The reviews I have heard from people that have taken the tour say the mangroves and all the birds are amazing. Something different than the usual boat trip, horseback riding, etc.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 am

We took that tour a week ago and we all loved it. ( 3 adults, 2 children) Wished the hovercraft part was a little longer and the talk before hand a little shorter, but all in all a great time.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 am

We took that tour a week ago and we all loved it. ( 3 adults, 2 children) Wished the hovercraft part was a little longer and the talk before hand a little shorter, but all in all a great time.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 pm

never had a clue there were crocs! I guess I never saw one at a bar. Thanks, that looks pretty cool something I can get into and see things we haven't seen before.. Thanks a bunch!

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Hovercraft Tour

Post by helenf » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 pm

I will second the Hovercraft tour. We went on this tour about 4 weeks ago and absolutely loved it.

Helen

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Ozzy,

If you have a car and know where to go you can see them really upclose and personal in Boca de Tomates. There is a local bus that goes through there too and the bus driver often slows down or stops if they are where you can seem them clearly. There is a chain link fence but they can go right under it. Some of the locals take food down there and leave it for them. Kids play with them, one kid tied a rope to a dead chicken and threw it infront of the croc and then took off running with the croc behind him in hot pursuit of the chicken, all while his friend took a video of it with his cell phone. I have always been amazed at the things they play with as kids and acutally live through it.

Definitely what the normal tourist sees, LOL!