Great Site

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Great Site

Post by smitty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Enter any address you want - and see what it looks like . Fun to see old places you have stayed at or new places you want to visit .

http://www.vpike.com/

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 pm

OK now, I'm not really one of those government conspiracy under every rock types (though I did enjoy the X-Files while it was on and now like Fringe and movies like Conspiracy Theory but thos are just fiction, right?) but this really makes one think...

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Conspiracy Theory

Post by katnsocal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Davilin
You can do the same thing by going to google satellite maps, this site is just linked to them. Ya gotta watch for those satellites in the sky. :D

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Image :lol:

It is a great site Jimbo.. Thanks for sharing...

I had some fun pulling up fav. streets in Puerto Vallarta and I pulled up some streets in England close to where my bro lives..

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Sightings

Post by smitty » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Sure you can use google resources to get similar results - this site does it for you - saving a lot of time and effort - definitely a bonus . Old dogs and new tricks .... :roll:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 pm

this site is better than google maps because it is a lot easier for old guys like me to figure out.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:16 am

Ronald,
But 6 months from now you won't be able to find that site again. LOL That site is a direct link to google satellite maps, same thing, you enter the address and it pops right up; 6 months from now even old "guys" will still remember google. :)

Computer applications instructor vs old "dog". :wink:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:49 am

What ever the .... would we all do without your wise wisdom kat..

thanks for helping us all find our way :lol: :) E)E appreciated

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 am

I don't know how I did it, but I managed to post in two different threads on two different bulletin boards and both involved a reference to a dog, with neither having anything remotely to do with each others topic... or PV. This one is pretty basic.... the other one has me most likely being shot by at least one reader.

BTW: I have never found the google maps site where you can just punch in the address in the same way as the site Smitty posted. It probably is a case of teaching an old dog new tricks, or not knowing it existed. Now that it is bookmarked I'll be using it anyway.

If they really want to make my day, there should be a button that you can just click to find directions to the closest Tim Hortons. God, I've developed an addiction to that paint remover.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 am

No problem Sylvia, glad to help! :D :D :D

http://maps.google.com
big box at top of page says: Find businesses, addresses and places of interest, type in address.

Same as click link which takes you to google maps and typing in the address.

It's easy, been doing it since google put their satellite maps up on their website. The photos change from time to time as they take new shots. Check out your house, mine right now has my newspaper in my driveway and my son's truck in the driveway...the earlier one was taken when I was out of town and allowed me to ask my son why my car was out of the garage while I was gone, just another tool to watch your house, LOL.

Ronald,
Don't know what to tell you about the dual sites with dogs, must be a dog's day! :)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Our Computer Whiz

Post by smitty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Ronald - I will try and find a Tims finder site for you - not hard in Ont - they seem to be on every corner . kat - thanks for your usual useful info - can't help but think the dog situation was pleasantly solved in Old Yeller . kats and Dogs... if they aren't busy licking their butts they are crapping somewhere .

No offence intended to real pet owners - my Cat Lenny is the king of our world ! :)

rosie

Post by rosie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 am

:roll: and your slam was necessary...why?

thisisthis
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by thisisthis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:24 am

i was unable to find any of the several addresses that i plugged into this site. i'd plug in a specific address, and it went to god knows where somewhere else. i agree totally with kat about google earth. we latched onto that way back; had to download it though. in fact, my sig other (now husband) oneistwo was so proud way back when google earth was new that he google-earthed all the way down to his favorite palm tree next to our favorite pool at Los Tules where he has his afternoon cigar. what a hoot! speaking of los tules, we'll be there for our first oneistwo this saturday afternoon (3/13)! :D :D