First visit

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

southerncomfort
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
First visit

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:37 am

A buddy and I will be visiting pv for the first time March 15 through 23. Staying in downtown small hotel in Zona Romantica. May want to do a day at larger resort with bigger pool, swim up bar etc., but not sure if day passes are available. We would welcome any other suggestions.
Love this site...have answered a lot of my questions! We are two gay dudes from Southern USA--like to party at gay clubs but also hang with straight folks too...looking forward to a sun and fun filled relaxing week. Any advice would be appreciated.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 am

You might like the Krystal in the north hotel zone. It has a really nice pool with a swim-up bar and I know they do have day passes, alot of the cruise ship passengers go there for the day. The beach in that are is descent, not as rocky as near the Shearton.

tojol57

Vote Krystal

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:41 pm

I agree with Kat, i think you would get a better deal with them for a day pass. they do have a decent beach area, their massages are reasonable, and they have a nice pool and sun deck area as well... enjoy we will be at the GCP down the beach from the Krystal from the 12th - 20th....

enjoy vallarta....

southerncomfort
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 pm

What is typical cost for one hour massage?

Thanks for the information on the Krystal. Perhaps we will check into the the forum when we get to PV and hook up for some drinks....

Thanks again...
G

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 pm

If you're staying in Zona Romantica I know Playa los Arcos resort has day passes, pool, wonderful beach area and good food. No swim up bar but servers on the beach for food and drink. All for only $30 for 2 people and you get $20 or 25 of that credited to you for drinks, food etc. So really reasonable. It's not a big party atmosphere but it's very nice and would be close to where you're staying. The Krystal is very nice too though. I just wanted to throw in an alternative.

southerncomfort
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:36 am

Thanks Sandy for the information...we are actually staying at Los Arcos suites...part of the larger Los Arcos resort?? I think there is another property that is also nearby that is owned by the same group of hotels. This is great information as well. Thanks so much.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm

If you're staying at the Suites then you get to use all the facilities free, including the beach, umbrellas, chairs, etc. You still pay for your food and drink though unless you chose an all inclusive option.

I'm anxious to hear how you like your first trip. Warning: PV is habit forming!!