Consultant on hourly basis for advice on selling condo?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

raghu813
PV Fan
PV Fan
Consultant on hourly basis for advice on selling condo?

Post by raghu813 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Dear Folks,

Our retirement plans have changed and reluctantly we will be selling our beloved condo in Puerto Vallarta.

Can anybody recommend somebody savvy who would consult with us on the best way to sell it in this market?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 am

Mike,
Sorry to hear your plans have changed. Are you saying you want to sell it yourself vs. using a realtor? You posted elsewhere about the commission being so high so you already know using a realtor is going to cost you for their expertise. Doing it yourself means advertising in as many places as you can in order to get it seen. I don't know who you used to close your condo with; a notary public/attorney. If you were happy with the work that person did for you have you tried contacting them for suggestions on the best way to get it sold in today's market? When I purchased my property I did it through word of mouth with no realtor involved but I did have a local person who understood "all" the in's and out's of buying/selling in Mexico.

You could also try posting the info on this board, there are quite a few people who want to move to PV after retirement.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:51 am

You could also try posting the info on this board, there are quite a few people who want to move to PV after retirement.
I would be one of those people, except I'm looking for somebody to adopt me and then donate it to me. It is not because of the recession... just that I am broke :D :D

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 am

Not my idea of retirement dreams...I can think of other places and they would include being in our great Country... Canada.
Like vacationing in Mexico sometimes.... a week or 2... but there are other places to settle in ..
anyways Mike hope one day your retirement plans dreams will come true... :)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:56 am

Our retirement plans have changed and reluctantly
Not my idea of retirement dreams
Different strokes for different folks sometimes...."best laid plans of mice and men".

raghu813
PV Fan
PV Fan

thank you for the kind support.

Post by raghu813 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:21 am

You all have been helpful.

Mike

JeanieRich
PV Fan
PV Fan

Eureka!

Post by JeanieRich » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:41 pm

We are looking for a home or condo in P.V. We are a senior couple, very active, love P.V. I don't want to break any rules here by putting my email addy but it's the same name at aol dot com
Thanks! JeanieRich

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Coldwell Banker La Cost

Post by poppy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 pm

I am a licensed Coldwell Banker Residential broker in Illinois and I spend five months each year in PV. I work with Charlie Rondot of Coldwell Banker LaCosta. I have known Charlie for many years. He is Canadian and speaks fluent Spanish. He has been in the PV market a long time and is well respected. Please give Charlie a call or email him at: Fr Mexico 01 800 821 5161; Fr US 01 866 415 5757.
charlie@cblacosta.com. Feel free to tell him that Poppy referred you. You can trust Charlie.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:48 pm

I know Charlie and he is a decent guy. He is also continuing to sell in this market. I don't know how he does it.