Counting down!! Anyone Else counting down??

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pjm47
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by pjm47 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:09 pm

We are first timer going to Puerto Vallarta.We are staying at Paradise Villiage and can't wait to get there. Any advice as to what to see and do???? We plan on going to town and see whats there

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon May 17, 2010 3:21 am

I plan on posting the 2010 trip report soon. I keep a journal so I can remember all the fun we had! LOL...this year was full of adventure of course! Will try and get to it this week. Would love to meet up with u as well. There are several people on here I have yet to meet and plan to every year...This year we again made a lot of new friends and plan on meeting up with them next year. We talked about skipping the "booze' cruise next year but that then we would miss seeing things like the transport boat capsizing...and of course making friends with the people that happened to be on that boat since I had pics! Luckily no one was hurt by the way....

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 pm

ilost50
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Ticker

Post by ilost50 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:27 pm

We are going in three weeks. How do I get the countdown ticker in my signature?

Figured it out.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Wow! I have 6 months to go.

Post by pdxbuff » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 am

nm

Big Brian
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Big Brian » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Aug. 4th can't get here fast enough. Looking forward to hanging out at Golden Crown Paradise

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan

We are counting down also

Post by wyoblu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 am

Can hardly wait until October. It will be good to see all of our friends.

mykul
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mykul » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 pm

We are finally counting down the days until October.
My fiance' is Mexican and we had to cancel our trip last year as we were waiting for her permanent resident visa to be finalized here in Canada.

It has been almost 2 years since we've been able to travel to see her family in Aguascalientes. We will travel down to PV and spend a few days there and check out a potential spot for our wedding before heading inland to see her family.

Bought our plane tickets yesterday, which makes it a little more real.

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm

My husband and I are definitely counting down. We get there on 25 Aug and can hardly wait. Seems like the closer it gets the less productive I am becoming...since all I think about is our trip.

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by PV Patty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:56 pm

I also am constantly counting down. My next trip (Oct 2011) will be a oneway ticket! I am so excited I can't stand myself! hahahaha....

Well I might sneak in a trip before the oneway... just to get some stuff down there and I may not be able to wait that long for a P.V. fix.
Have already started to sell my stuff :)

Retirement.... where I belong...aaahhhhhh....

Patty

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 pm

AARRGGHHHH!!! Lost my ticker!! I know where to go to get one but what part to I copy and paste?? Tried almost every option! Booked holiday 1 today!

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rudechuck » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Been counting down for about 4 months now. Still got 7 1/2 more to go. Not going until April 2011 :(

Can't wait though. Been wanting to return for some time.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 pm

OK, I'll admit it, with still a little over 2 months to go, I am counting down. This will be our 10th visit but the 1st since my cancer experience (nov. 2007, found lump on my neck while in the Mayan Palace pool). SO, no more of that, just 2 weeks of sun & fun.

pjm47
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

3 weeks

Post by pjm47 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 am

I know that some parts have had a lot of rain.Ihope things get better because we will be there in 3 weeks. We will bring the great weather that we had here all summer with us.See you soon

Paul

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan

Almost there

Post by wyoblu » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:02 am

I can almost feel the sand beneath my toes now. It has been a long twelve months since our last visit, and we can hardly wait.

mexicoboundcanadians
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

ANYONE goin at the end of the month>>?

Post by mexicoboundcanadians » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 am

heading to PV for first time any others heading in the rainy season?

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Si Senor'....Uno Mas!

2 weeks - longest 9 months of my life, hands down.

ahhhhhh-Vallar-Ta!

sunnyd
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sunnyd » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:15 pm

First time October 23
the count down is on !!
19 and a coffee :D

SpringBreakJunky
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Cancelled! :'(

Post by SpringBreakJunky » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I was so excited to take my first trip down to PV this upcoming March with a group (20, class group) of my friends... But unfortunately many of them being female has heard the many rumors of the "grenade attack" and "Police Corruption."

I want to also state that I personally do not believe either of those incidents are a true testament to what PV is all about. As it have many people that call it home/paradise! And many readings I have done on Puerto Vallarta never indicate anything of the sort.

Although with never being lucky enough to travel there, my word has no power as to changing peoples minds on the location and rumors! I'm truly sorry to have to take a group of that size away from an experience like this! Hopefully one day in the near future I could maybe make the trip with a smaller, less suspicious group!

Although I will continue to read this forum every day until I do finally get to visit so I never miss an idea to enjoy when I do get to travel to PV!

Hope everyone enjoys PV that gets to go! And I hope our new trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic will be a good substitute to PV!?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:50 am

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it for Spring Break. Tell your friends only chicken little says "The sky is falling." :D Mexico is a big country and Puerto Vallarta is a long ways away from the border with the US and the states that are having problems.

They are missing a good trip, warm and wonderfully welcoming people and a great culture. I hope you get to visit some day.