Counting down!! Anyone Else counting down??

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

SpringBreakJunky
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Already sorry I'm missing out!

Post by SpringBreakJunky » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:08 am

Katnsocal, I've told them everything I can think of to try and keep them interested in going... and though some of them aren't worried about it, the ladies in our group are set on not going to PV not even just Mexico. It's sad that the accident in a bar not even in the same town can cause so much bad karma for a town it wasn't even in! (Grenade "Attack") When people get on public sites and post things such as attacks and things like that, without having real facts puts a bad picture in many peoples minds!

As I do not live there, nor have I ever been I cannot say either way on the debate of whether it was an attack or a freak accident! :S I just get stuck in the middle as I am the group organizer and when the group comes to me asking to transfer destinations because of some things they read on the web... All I can do is try and defend a place I've never been to the best of my abilities!?

Anyway, I am a frequent traveller to many destinations. I one day hope to be able to travel for a living and maybe write a few little books and things on places such as these to try and put a better picture on areas like these! And you can count me in on traveling to PV in the very near future!

I wish everyone on here safe travels, and a great day... as you never know when this one could be your last!

Josh

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:13 am

Spring Break,
I can tell them with 100% certainty it was not an attack. My business partner and I have done business for years with the man whose son died.
It was a stupid accident, no one attacked the bar. The guy with the grenade pulled it out of his backpack to show it off and pulled the pin on it. He then carefully put it back in his back pack with the handle in a position so as to not go off. Later he reached in his backpack for something and the grenade fell out on the floor. Hardly an attack, as reported in the papers.

Tell your friends to google crime statistics in Puerto Plata. You will find it interesting, they range all over the board from very low to high depending on the article. Just another example of who is writing the story.

Vallarta is one of the areas that has had very little problems with drug cartels. I can count on one hand the # of major incidents that have happened in 20 years. Living in So. Cal, I often drove across the border to Ensenada and Rosarito Beach for weekends, I don't go near the border anymore.

For the past 7 years I have traveled for a living and I have been amazed at the major crimes that happen in cities that I never imagined would have crime problems, based on their location and populations.

JMHO, based on traveling in the states and traveling to PV for 20+ years, a solo female. If I was worried about traveling to PV I would not do it.

I know you won't change your friends minds but don't give up on going to PV yourself, it is a great town even if you are traveling alone.

SpringBreakJunky
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks!

Post by SpringBreakJunky » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:20 am

Katnsocal thank you for your honesty on all the facts! As you stated some people are just to hard headed to realize that not everything is done as an act of terrorism! But unfortunately not even just Mexico, but with the entire world kinda pulling each others strings it seems like it's got everybody on a knifes edge when it comes to a story like that!... But anyway I just wanted to get back on one more time and thank you for your information and honesty!

I am sure PV will do fine without my group of friends coming down and I hope every bus. down there luck this upcoming season! But you can count me in on coming down very soon! Whether it be a group or me alone! :D

Now I will stop posting on this topic as I am rambling on about not getting to go! :( Just a little upset! lol

Thanks,
Josh

grammalil
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by grammalil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm having a bit of the same problem....my husband and I come to Puerto Vallarta "every other year" for a week to visit friends who spend a month there. I have so fallen in love with the city, the laid back lifestyle, the beautiful people....so decided not to take a year off, I would join our friends alone next March!! My daughter wants to come with, and had a difficult time convincing her husband that we will be just fine in Mexico!!

I send them links to forums so they (HE) can read how things really are, not the border city violence we see on tv. We have him somewhat consoled I think :D

Four months - I'm there!!

Jenmal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Jenmal » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:54 pm

1 Week and we are back, and I can't wait, lots to explore and nothing to do! Ahhhh!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Counting down to next Friday. Coming down for 7 motnhs this year. No fear except to see the locals suffering from all the propaganda.

River Babe
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by River Babe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:49 pm

:D

6 Days..... First Time to PV

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:02 am

59 more dayus---we are blest to go at christmas and in june :D

lorrieann1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lorrieann1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:40 am

Countdown is in the teens now.....woohoo!!!

Redvette
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Redvette » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:23 am

12 days and counting.

Karen_O
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Karen_O » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:49 pm

My first post here; I just discovered the board today!

17 days and definitely counting down...

JeanieRich
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Counting down!! Anyone Else counting down??

Post by JeanieRich » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:28 pm

I guess we should start counting. We are booked for January 6th through April 5th at Bay View Grand :-) Carol, Dave & Tinkerbelle (6 pound Chihuahua) :D
policegirl wrote:
Booked our first trip to Puerto Vallarta last week and now we only have 35 days left until we leave!! I"m so excited and we can't wait to get to Puerto Vallarta!!! :D

Anyone else going to be there June 13th-22nd??

:lol:

grammalil
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by grammalil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Officially coming now - plane tickets booked! March 4 should be having lunch on the beach. Er, a cold cervaza anyway :lol:

JeanieRich
PV Fan
PV Fan

Fun in the Sun

Post by JeanieRich » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Wonderful! Nothing like a good time in Paradise to even out the winters. We like Los Mertos for a cervesa and or lunch, there are some great pit stops there, nicest people in the world imho! Once when I stopped in P.V. from the ship I went to las Caletas, that was amazing too, the open bar, entertainment and boat ride over was a great way to spend the day, nice for couples. Carol in CA
grammalil wrote:Officially coming now - plane tickets booked! March 4 should be having lunch on the beach. Er, a cold cervaza anyway :lol:

grammalil
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by grammalil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:19 pm

My first stop has always been Burros, but could change things up!! I am so excited today, even tho it is still 4 months.......I can hear the waves, feel the sun and taste the Corona!!!! It's a great day when ya book your plane

JeanieRich
PV Fan
PV Fan

Burros

Post by JeanieRich » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks for the tip! We will check out Burros. Our plane ride should be interesting, this is the first time we have taken the Chihuahua with us.
grammalil wrote:My first stop has always been Burros, but could change things up!! I am so excited today, even tho it is still 4 months.......I can hear the waves, feel the sun and taste the Corona!!!! It's a great day when ya book your plane

MikeKG
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Count down

Post by MikeKG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 am

I am counting down I am booked for Dec 11th ti Jan 15th can't wait
MikeKG

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Welcome Karen! This is an awesome place to get all the info you need...6 more weeks for trip one and then again in February!! My first stop?? Well for dinner it is Cafe Tizoc...Love that place...small..great food...and the waiters come out to great us when we come back every year!

Karen_O
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Karen_O » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks for the welcome, Chris!

We get the same welcome when we arrive at our hotel -- "Welcom home, Mrs. O" and boy does it ever feel like I'm coming home...

Five days... and counting.

gmac
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gmac » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:08 am

23 days then 2 weeks in Bucerias, can't wait.