New Possesion Law

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Livin on easy
PV Fan
PV Fan
New Possesion Law

Post by Livin on easy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi I'm new on the site here but not new too PV. Have been coming for many years. Will be retiring there soon. I was wondering if any of you know if the new possesion law is being enforced or are people still getting nabbed for small quantities. Have a good day. Livin on Easy :D

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Don't do it unless you want problems! imho

Livin on easy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Livin on easy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Thx Gdremark but I am looking for a little bit more info than that.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Possession of what? MJ? Hard drugs? Are you talking about smuggling them in? Buying in PV? In any case, you got sound advice already. Just don't! Chuck... 8)

Livin on easy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Livin on easy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Sorry but what you call sound advice is not answering my question.
I am not talking about any particular drug, buying or smugglng.
I just simply want to know if the NEW DRUG POSSESION LAWS are being enforced. Maybe you are not familiar with Mexico's new possesion laws?
They include several drugs being legalized for possesion, and was brought in Aug, 2009.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Sorry, easy, but you ever thought about the possibility that you don't always get to have all your questions answered or answered the way you want? Go down to PV and have the time of your life; just do it without drugs. Chuck... 8)

Wuero
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wuero » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 pm

Wow Charlie, have you ever thought that some people have an honest question that has a specific answer and aren't looking for your personal opinion, judgment, or advice? If you look at Easy's question, he was asking if any one had the answer. He was not looking for advice.

Easy, I wish I had the answer for you, but I don't.

Wuero
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wuero » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:13 pm

P.S. Charlie, I guess you don't drink either or judge people who do considering you told easy to have a good time w/o drugs. You are aware that alcohol is a drug...right? So is Xanax and Prozac and other feel good drugs which people take.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Yes, Alcohol is a drug... it is also a poison, a solvent, an

Post by ronald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:26 pm

A drug is simply “Any substance which when absorbed into a living organism may modify one or more of its functions.”

This means that foods, vitamins, hormones and the other substances described are all drugs. Practically everything is a drug including the oxygen we breathe. There appears to be an attempt to associate it with all illicit illegal drugs (not something prescribed and taken only as directed by a physician).

By equating alcoholic beverages with illegal street drugs, drug users and their sales representatives attempt to promote equal opportunities to use street drugs, to remove the stringent restrictions on them, and make them available, as if it was the same as alcohol.

Wuero
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wuero » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm

Easy never said he was going to break the law. He just wants to know what the law is. And, y'all have just presumed to know the law and assumed that he'd break it.

I haven't seen the law on the books myself, but I heard about the law being changed or at least the Mexican government making an official announcement that it would no longer enforce the law. So, I did a quick google search, and the below NY Times article basically summarizes the issue: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/world ... .html?_r=1

So, Ronald, thank you for taking the bait and for having your dictionary handy. I think we all would have been lost with out it. So, before you and the others try to answer Easy's question by stating marijuana is illicit or assuming that it is, you may want to consult something more than your dictionary.

While I wouldn't rely on the NY Times for the answer, it seems to be the closest thing to answer to Easy's question so far. And, I did it all without assuming that he would break the law. Imagine that.

Nevertheless, it appears that Easy can possess small amounts of what you call illicit drugs but what the Mexican government calls legal.

I get tired of the holy rollers judging others for using when they readily give their prescription meds to a spouse or loved one or take them from them if there's extra. I know we do this in my family and that's a felony, whereas poss'n of mj is a misdemeanor.

People also come to Mexico and bring back meds to the US believing that it's legal or worse knowing that it's illegal. I've done this, too. Go to the US State Dept's website, and you'll see that it's almost always illegal. I could go on about US citizens earning $ in Mexico and not declaring it. What else? Oh yeah, have you ever paid a Mexican cop for a ticket?

I think that's it for now.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:33 pm

wuero: You only have 4 posts under your belt. You don't get to have an attitude! Spend some more time reading and spending time just talking with us. You will find that this board really isn't into talking about illegal type drugs, or how to get around using them or how to get them. Take a deep breath and have a glass of milk. Chuck... 8)

Wuero
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wuero » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 pm

I hear you. But, what you just said to me is all y'all had to say to Easy, and I'm sure he'd be on his way...if he's not already. ...especially since you're the moderator. I don't do drugs, but I'm not an angel either. And, don't get me wrong, I thought Easy's post was presumptive in that he thought this audience would be aware of something that is still considered taboo in many places.

I now have a place in PV and was hoping that this forum would be informative, which it is, but also respectful even if you disagree. ...that's all.

Livin on easy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Livin on easy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

What's up Chuck

Sorry to upset you . I am not looking to buy drugs or deal or break the law as you assume. I also don't believe I have broken any forum rules other than some personal rule of yours.

You say illegal drugs is a topic we don't talk about here. You started talking about illegal drugs not me. I asked a LEGAL QUESTION.

Just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you should state your advice to me personally. I never asked you if I should do drugs. I am not interested in your advice if you know nothing of the topic. Wuero thank you for your support but sorry guys I am not going to just move on.

I guess Chuck you can just remove this topic but that wouldn't be moderating that would be schoolyard Bully reacting because it is a topic you do not like. Maybe freedom of speech is also something you do not like to talk about or believe in.

I didn't make the law but I regularily go to the country that made it. I want to obey the law.

So my question still stands. Thank You

Livin on easy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Livin on easy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi All. I am still wondering if anyone has heard anything in regards to the new possesion law in Mexico. Is the new law being enforced yet? Thanks Have a Good day.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm

What are you doing? This post is the same as you posted on Oct 30. I think maybe you have been smoking too much weed? Chuck... 8)

Livin on easy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Livin on easy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Very childish Chuck. No this posting is not the same as the one Oct. 30, but you are still ignorant.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Can't answer your question...but don't think you'll find out here...I get paranoid about my "legal drugs" in Mexico! Although...seems to be a lot of stuff that is prescription only in Canada is not in Mexico...All I know is if I need any help I go the drug store and ask...Maybe someone would be so kind as to private email Liven on easy so he can get an answer to the question. This forum is usually a pretty helpful place and we shouldn't be making all kinds of assumptions here....

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:45 am

Wow! Quite harsh, dude, quite harsh! Chuck... 8)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:52 am

LOL....when all else fails we resort to name calling....too funny.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:55 am

PV is Mexico and nothing is written in stone when it comes to enforcement. It all depends on who you run into and how much it will be worth to you to keep out of trouble. Livin, go down and do your thing and let us know how it works for you. No one can answer your question here for the above reason. You are definitely at a disadvantage when you are not a citizen of Mexico.