Los Muertos pier

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master
Los Muertos pier

Post by chrisnick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am

So where can a person take a water taxi if they are rebuilding the pier?? When will it be done?? Going in February and stay at The Tropicana....how am I going to get to some of those great beaches??

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 am

Your calender is wrong :lol: Don't even worry lots of pick up points and I'm sure even with the pier work they will have an alternet. Just ask at the resort or any taxi driver. Have fun!

Also I should be down way before you and I'll post any info.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:27 am

Nope...not wrong....that is my first holiday in PV this year...well actually Bucerias with my husband, two daughters and another family. I will change the calendar when I get back from the first holiday!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:01 pm

I would schedule a trip from the Marina or Paradise in Nuevo. The pier was closed this week! Boca if your luggage is waterproof!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:00 pm

So...no water taxis?? To Yelapa etc??

Karen_O
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Karen_O » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm

We just got back yesterday. There's a closed sign on the pier, but I still saw the usual water taxis over there and smaller boats ferrying folks out to the larger party boats. Now, exactly how the embarkation was being handled I couldn't tell you. I didn't have need of a water taxi; just telling you my (limited) observations.

Karen

Dr. J
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Dr. J » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm

I personally like taking the bus to Boca, and then catching a water taxi. I believe it is cheaper this way too! Although probably not helpful if you wanted to go north :lol:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:05 am

Sheesh, 2 trips to P.V. in such a short time. Envy, envy. envy.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 am

I won't take the water taxi at Christmas as I'm in Bucerias but in February when I go we stay at the Tropicana. Like to go to Yelapa or some of the other beaches...

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 am

Chris,
I have heard they are picking up and dropping off on the beach, which means the area of pick-up may or may not vary according to the water conditions/wave action. Next time I talk to my captain I will find out if he has picked anyone up there yet. We always pick up off beach but certain areas are easier than others depending on the way the waves roll in. He usually picked people up off the pier in that area so I don't know if he has picked anyone up since they have closed it off.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks It's a couple of months till I need it anyway.

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

they will be picking up from the beach, pretty straightforward and easy (except for elderly), business as usual.

however, it´s true that from Boca is significantly cheaper (going to south shore), and they have a new pier (before it was directly from the beach).

There will be more than enough boats ready to take you because season so far has been quite bad...

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Its just easier to take the taxi there since we are staying at The Tropicana in February.

Tourism isn't up?? The news keeps saying that Mexico is having a great year...A friend of mine works at Day Off Beach Bar and he said business was quite a bit better. Hopefully it picks up for them. Have a lot of friends there and would be nice for them to have a good year! Its more fun too when there are a lot of people around.

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Tourism is up compared to previous months (it´s high season) and compared to last year (only slightly, and last year was worst in history), the problem is that money inflows from tourism in Vallarta are around 30-40% below those in 2008... restaurants and retail being the ones that are suffering most. Of course, there will always be exceptions.

We all need to support Vallarta and work more on encouraging friends and family to come and visit us, every little gesture helps. And for those that arrive at all-inclusive resorts, you need to leave the hotel from time to time and visit all the natural beauty, excellent restaurants, galleries, shops, and much more attributes that Vallarta offers.

There is a very important plan to improve the destination, but it starts from us.

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:24 am

chris----walk to the bus stop on the corner of basideo badillo and insurgentes---catch the boca/mismaloya bus to boca de tomaltan--walk down the hill and catch the watertaxis there. beautiful scenery on the bus

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:51 am

Chris,
I agree with you if you are staying at the Trop it seems like a waste of time to take the bus to Boca instead of Los Muertos. Loading from the beach is not a problem depending on the tide and surf conditions. The boats know how to avoid the areas where the surf is rough. Last week a boat was swamped and sunk in front of Marina de Oro, when it is rough, you don't want to try to load or unload off the beach. I spoke with my captain but he hasn't been going down south since they have closed the pier, his trips are taking him to the north. As soon as I hear from him as to what the alternate plans are when it is too rough I will post it.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks! If we are forced to take the bus we will...Its not a big deal...and I know that ride is great. Been on several of the zip line tours and always love the ride. Just not as convenient...BUT I don't take a panga every day anyway.

By the way...My friends and I do are part supportin the various bars and restaurants....maybe too much sometimes!! :oops:

I always encourage people to get off their resorts. PV is one of the best places to NOT go AI I would say!

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:36 am

chris---it's not a waaste of time to take the bus to boca--the scenery is awesome plus my hubby and i have discovered some neat beaches we went to along that route. :P

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:39 am

Actually there is a great hike around the bend there.. Not a waste of time...just not convenient.....Its funny how two weeks in PV goes sooo much faster then two weeks at home! :)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:26 am

Chris,
Time goes way to fast when you are in PV that's for sure. I too do my best to support the local bars and restaurants. :D