el tuito el coleguito info

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru
el tuito el coleguito info

Post by chi-mike » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 am

will be in puerto vallarta from jan 22nd til feb 1. is it possible to take a bus to el tuito? if so, where do you catch it, does it take you into town or let you off at the highway.any suggestions on where to have lunch and where to buy a bottle of raicilla? has anybody been to el coleguito restaurant lately? do they have live music on sundays? thanks .

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:39 am

You can catch the bus to El Tuito on the corner of V. Carranza and Aguacuate. It takes about an hour to get to El Tuito. I don't have any suggestions for restaurants there, but there are several in town. When you are walking around town ask where the cookie ladie's house is. Her cookies are really good and everything is baked in wood burning ovens. She lets you go out and see the ovens. Racilla can be found at different places around town, one of them is across the street from the church, just ask and someone will tell you where it is.

I missed going to El Coleguito on my last trip so I can't answer your question about music on Sunday afternoon. Seems like they have someone singing in everytime I go.

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by 2ndchance » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:36 pm

There is a great restaurant that we found on our trip to El Tuito in June of 2010.The name is EL PATIO DE MARIO,it is located in the center of town and has the best mexican food.They serve only the freshest foods that are raised in the area.We sat in the patio and they started making our corn tortillas when we placed our order .The food is high quality at a very resonable price and it is delicious, including a dessert they gave us of fresh cheese drizzled with agave nectar that they make and also sell at the small boutique they have at the entrance. The owners are Mario and Anabel,they are both lawyers that decided to move to a more peaceful place to continue raising their family.They were very hospitable and we enjoyed their company.We can hardly wait to go back in May and try out some of their other foods. We also visited the famous cookie/bread lady,she gave us samples and we brought back some delicious cookies ,but not enough as they are addictive.We also plan to see her again and buy much more,but this time we will go on a day that she is baking bread .We went on a Tuesday and that is the only day she does not bake.Enjoy your trip !

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:44 pm

second---when you went in june---was it bearable? my hubby has trouble with the heat.

we were at el coleguito christmas week. there was no one singing but we were there around 1:30

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by 2ndchance » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:54 am

I live in Texas and in this part it is hot and humid, so to us it was hot ,but bearable since it was 100 + in Texas at the time .This will be our third year going in the summer to PV as the flights are cheaper,less crowds,better rates and as warm as it may be it is still better with the ocean breezes than where we live.We just love PV in any season and will be staying for a month and a half and can't wait to get there !

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:51 am

El Tuito is cooler than PV is because it is in the mountains. There is a point driving there that you feel the temperature change. It won't be really cool in June but it will be cooler than you will find PV to be.

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:37 pm

thx guys---wanted to go christmas week---but other stuff came up---we will be there june11-21 so that sounds like a plan