Some questions

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master
Some questions

Post by tandr2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:15 am

Hi everyone,

We're starting to research moving to the PV area next school year. My husband would stay here in Canada so it would be myself and my 2 teenage daughters. Couple of questions I have (ok, might be more than a couple):

Does anyone know of some Grade 9-12 schools - not looking for American schools - Spanish/English is good - bonus points for website and/or costs

Does anyone know where to find ads for apartments/houses for long term rent - looking for something furnished/utilities would be great - has to be a 3BR - I've looked on Banderas News classifieds, PVMirror.

I know it's hard to find a job down there (pretty much impossible) however, I've got 8 years experience processing Payroll - as well as doing every job in any office. what are my chances of finding even something part-time?

What are currents rates for utilities? Phone? Internet? TV?

How much money do we realistically need to live there for a month? We're going on $2500 CDN including school, food, rent, etc - is this a reasonable amount?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Tracy

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:59 pm

At $2500, you will have to get modest housing. Nothing with a view.

I think we answered your other questions elsewhere.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:05 pm

We figured on $2200 CDN a month for everything...some of the numbers we used are on the high side and some might be on the low side. We don't care about a view - just needs to have furniture and 3 bedrooms :)

thanks keith :)

davidmcguire760
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by davidmcguire760 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 am

I don't know if you are interested in it or not, but it seems to me that the majority of americans who find jobs down there end up doing timeshare presentations. Might be worth looking into at least. Maybe you could be one of the not so pushy ones.