Do you have a favorite memory of Puerto Vallarta?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvfanmexico
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Do you have a favorite memory of Puerto Vallarta?

Post by pvfanmexico » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Hello Everyone,
First of all, I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this message here but I am trying to look for as much support as possible for a project that I am currently involved in called PVFAN (Puerto Vallarta Foundation Against Negativity) here in Mexico.

I assume that each and every one of you has at least one positive memory of this area (if not many more) so I am hoping you will all share your memory with us on our website. The focus of PVFAN is on the Puerto Vallarta and Banderas Bay area but we would also love to hear any positive comment that you may have on Mexico in general.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments, or reply to this post with any thoughts.

Muchas gracias!

Here is the link for PVFAN: -http://bit.ly/rj4i6e

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 pm

:D every memory is special. however the times i spend with the mexican people really add that someting extra to my trip.

some examples are--having the vendors at los muertos join me for lunch and a few brews. they have such wonderful stories.

the times i spent on los muertos pier talking to the fisherman at night.

kicking soccer balls on the beach with the kids on a sunday afternoon.

but i guess the one memory that rocks for me is when i was on the bus to bucerias and a young mother gt on with her baby and sat across from me. i told her her baby was beautiful in spanish and she gave me the child to hold in my lap for the ride. the baby kept looking between george and me, sat so still, and kept smiling.
the mom spoke no english and had no issue with me--a stranger--holding that precious child . amazing. can you imagine that happening in the states?

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:36 pm

You just want 1 memory. Impossible from so many choices. Like Snorkling at the Islas Marieta's, riding horses to the waterfall in Quimixto, sunsets on the Malecon, etc, etc, etc.

tigerfan
PV Fan
PV Fan

favorite PV memory

Post by tigerfan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Now that is a tough one! My husband and I have been going to PV almost every year since our first trip for our honeymoon in 1983----there was the year we took our daughter in first grade to visit a local school and she was swarmed by the children excited to interact with her; visiting her several years later when she returned as a student to the PV campus of the University of Guadalajara---or the relationship we developed with our favorite cab driver, Geronimo, who we continually try to connect with--and who has welcomed us into his home to meet his wonderful family; the warmth of the housekeeping staffs we have met at the numerous places we have stayed over the years--and the wonderful friends we have met from Regina and Toronto, Canada and Europe. How can you top that ---in such a fabulous location no less?--- Oops, I can't forget about Lobo, the loyal Mexican street dog our daughter adopted while she lived there, brought back to the states when she returned and now lives with her in London, Ontario.

We are looking forward to our upcoming trip in February--can't wait!

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Yea, there really can not be one (or even a bunch) favorite memories. Every trip to PV is a favorite memory. Chuck... 8)

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

shopping

Post by islena » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 am

I like to shop at the PV Mercados early. ( Then get in plenty of beachtime all afternoon 'til sunset) A stall-keeper is usually very happy to make their first sale of the day with me. So I get a good price along with lots of smiles.

Also shopping related: I was laden with shopping bags, happy-tired, and a little lost in the Romantic Zone. I approached a corner with lots of parked taxis and drivers sitting on chairs in the shade. They made room for me on a bench and finished their topic of chat before asking me 'how are you today'. I admitted to being hungry and ready to go to my hotel for lunch. I asked if they could help me find a taxi. Smiles and laughter all around, and I was quickly on my way.