This forum

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jetraveler
PV Fan
PV Fan
This forum

Post by jetraveler » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Just wondering...why do you think the "forum" is getting less and less activity?
It looks like the past year has seen a dramatic downturn in all areas. I'm sure there is no single reason, but it would be interesting to hear some thoughts.

Mimi
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Mimi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Wondering the same thing!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 am

I think a large majority of people post on TripAdvisor and when people ask questions that need referral to other PV sites, this site is never mentioned. That could be because some of the "Destination experts" on TA have been kicked off of this site and/or have their own websites, and while TA rules prohibit self advertising, nothing says your friends can't to it for you.

At least you don't get eaten alive when you post a question or a comment here. :D

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Unfortunaly, Kat, that hasn't always been the case, The forum has had periods of bitter negativity, which is, imo, one big reason for the downturn.Of course, there is also the fact that this is the off tourist season and many folks are pursuing summer activities and may start showing up again in fall.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Davilin is probally correct, to some extent, as is Kat. That prior negativity was BAD. I was kicked off twice(hard to believe, I know)back in my outlaw days.
But now that I'm not an outlaw, I yearn for some good discourse about PV(especially how totally, 100% safe it is for my wife to read).

Anyway, you all take care, and in the words of that famous group, Paul Revere and The Raiders: "Me Gotta go, now, bumpbump!"
Chuck... 8)

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:03 am

I disagree with most of you...
This forum used to be a fun...Gosh :P a real fun place ....Also a learning place to be..A place where people that loved PV would come to to share their thoughts and info on a place we all agreed has a charm of its own...

MOST people that are not here anymore left by Choice..Who is running and controlling this forum...

When I think back I think of the wonderful people that used to come to this forum...Fun loving informative people...I can in a flash think of a least 50 people that have left this forum by choice.... Think we have lost contact. :?: ..NOPE...Many of now meet of other forums...FaceBook...personal emails...personal phone calls and many still have PV meet ups in PV that are not posted on forums... In MY Humble OPINION...The PV forums have done more harm promoting PV than helping the tourist industry...

I am so thankful for the PV forums because through them Bill and I have met life long lasting friends that love us and who we love unconditionally.... Have I been a perfect PV poster..Hell NO. :oops: Have I moved on...YES ....many years ago...

There is NO way to change the past.... Things have already happened .... You must learn to accept it. Remember living in the present is the only way to be happy....Robet Tew...
and believe me the words above are sooo true.... Living with a brain tumor has taught and is teaching me so much on what really matters in life and these forums are way down on my list... :P
Sooo :lol: Hola and Adios ... Best to the few of you :oops:

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 am

All I can say is: Welcome back, Sylvia! Please continue to post. Remember, if your'e not part of the solution, your'e part of the problem? Well, please be part of the solution here on the forum. Thanks! Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Part of the problem is that many of the people who post here do not go to PV anymore, for a variety of reasons. It's hard to contribute to a forum when you haven't been somewhere in several years.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:25 am

What ever the reason is for the seeming lack of posting, I still like this place and have the greatest respect for Mogens and the moderators, for getting rid of those that were here to stir things up.

Some people go to some of the other boards for the lunacy. I have coming up my 29th year in PV and still want to know about new places and new things. This board served that need very well. TA is good except for the clique that seems to run it. In truth, I feel that they try to overwhelm anyone that has a difference of opinion.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:06 pm

katnsocal wrote:At least you don't get eaten alive when you post a question or a comment here. :D
??

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Really No one delicious to eat and that goes for me too I was like re fried beans and resort buffets second day round... :P :lol: ..........and the munchers all left with tummy aches... :lol: :twisted:

sorry bad bad me... :oops:

must go now..special grandaughter on the way from Sask.. for a visit...Life is good...:)

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Sylvia: You'll find a kinder, friendlier forum lately. No one eats any one anymore.

Kat is spot on. Many of us haven't been to PV in several years for several reasons. Does not mean our hearts aren't still there, and I, for one, live vicariously in PV through the forum.

The TA forum has the capability for some great, current info about PV, but it is run by several bullies who have no tolerance with any ideas except their own. So, that really leaves Mogens forum here and a fantastic place to be. Chuck... 8)

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 am

I really like this forum, no drama, and helpful posters. You are so right about TA, heaven help you if you happen to disagree with the resident know-it-alls.

Chevy Man
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

PV

Post by Chevy Man » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Haven't been to PV since February '09. Went to Bahamas in '11 and took a Caribbean cruise this last winter. Both were cheaper for us than getting to PV. Miss the place, hope to be back someday. Still check out this forum once a week.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Great Forum

Post by pdxbuff » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:11 am

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I still love this site and PV.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice to read this post

Post by webmaster » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Was nice to read this post, nice to see some old names reappear...

I was in the middle of moving to Denmark, so as you can imagine, between searching for a new residence, not having easy internet access, all the paperwork, buying everything again, etc., etc. I have not been on the forum for some time, plus the spam attack...

Anyway, I do have a bad memory when it comes to old stuff, specially negative stuff, did I kick you off Sylvia? Sure don't remember chasing you or any of the regulars off... Anyway, my best wishes for your health and recovery. It's important to place value on life and the "simple" things, like love, spending time with your kids, making the best of all you have coming and always be happy, or do you best to be happy as much as possible, which in turn means you should spend less time on FB and more on this forum ;-)

I wish the forum would come back to life, but that's not an easy task, specially with the time spent on megasites like FB and TA, furthermore the most recent Google updates favoured those megasites too and pushed puertovallarta.net to oblivion... been working on reverting that and will start off with more changes now that I am back online.

Any suggestions on how to improve puertovallarta.net are very welcome.

Greetings

M.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re: Nice to read this post

Post by Plus4 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:15 pm

webmaster wrote:Was nice to read this post, nice to see some old names reappear...

I was in the middle of moving to Denmark, so as you can imagine, between searching for a new residence, not having easy internet access, all the paperwork, buying everything again, etc., etc. I have not been on the forum for some time, plus the spam attack...

Anyway, I do have a bad memory when it comes to old stuff, specially negative stuff, did I kick you off Sylvia? Sure don't remember chasing you or any of the regulars off... Anyway, my best wishes for your health and recovery. It's important to place value on life and the "simple" things, like love, spending time with your kids, making the best of all you have coming and always be happy, or do you best to be happy as much as possible, which in turn means you should spend less time on FB and more on this forum ;-)

I wish the forum would come back to life, but that's not an easy task, specially with the time spent on megasites like FB and TA, furthermore the most recent Google updates favoured those megasites too and pushed puertovallarta.net to oblivion... been working on reverting that and will start off with more changes now that I am back online.

Any suggestions on how to improve puertovallarta.net are very welcome.

Greetings

M.

Best wishes to you and your family as you start your new adventure in Denmark..
Little colder than Mexico but learn from Canadians how to keep warm....Feb. is the coldest month in Denmark soooo....Nov. 2013

No Mogens you never did Image me off the forum....(I did slam the door on one forum and begged to be kicked off then sometime later was :evil: :D )
My kids are proud of me....

Looks like as mogens get a wee bit older his memory is fading soooo...anyone that HAS been kicked off of here in the past...Door is open so come on in... :lol:

I feel great thanks ...What will be will be and only one person knows what my future will be.... I am happy and very blessed.....

According to Charlieb I just might be the solution to this forum..... :twisted: :lol:
Ok fathead me...a part of the solution....

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Sylvia: Welcome back (again). It's really good to "hear" from you. I really enjoy your whimsical and eclectic posts. Please keep them coming. Chuck... 8)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

In DK

Post by webmaster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:02 am

Yes, cold but well prepared, that's the key. You feel more cold in Mexico as houses are not prepared for the little cold there might be in the winter months (read GDL, Toluca or Mexico City, not PV where it's warm all year round).

Yeah, my memory for negative things is bad, but I do not think it's an age related issue, I've always been that way, bad things, negative things, they just get erased or pushed back and then forgotten... I think it's a quite positive thing, luckily it seems to be a genetic thing... anyway, yeah, everyone's welcome, specially if they are going to be positive to the forum. I do remember one person that was always on my back, even remember his initials, JR, I can't remember specifically what the issue was, but even he is welcome to participate. Just no spamming, that we can't accept :-)

Good to hear you're healthy, now it's a matter of keeping it that way.

Time to eat some breakfast, a big hug for you all and enjoy life,

Mogens