It's Deja Vu all over again!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
It's Deja Vu all over again!

Post by Uecker_seats » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:58 pm

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/video/ ... 2&c_id=stl

For the seventh time since 2000, the Cardinals advance to the NLCS! What a INCREDIBLE game last night, the RedBirds down by 2 runs in the 9th inning, down to their last strike, and coming back to win it by 2! This town is so much better with post season baseball, even if your not a fan you can feel the vibe. This is for my Grandpa, who was the worlds biggest Cardinals fan, and was a original "Knotholer" (a program the frachise developed in the 1920's, to give away free tickets to poor inner city kids!) I miss him so much.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Go Giants, kick some red bird behind. :lol:

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:08 pm

I have a friend who lives in Marin Co,, he is a huge Giganties fan! This is a rematch of the 1987 NLCS: Whiteyball vs./Roger Craig's "Scumbabys" :lol:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 am

That was one of the best games I've seen for a long time. I don't know why, (because I really didn't care who won), but I wanted to see a comeback and boy did they ever.

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:29 am

That was one hell of a game Ronald. Tomorrow is game 3 of the NLCS, 3PMCDT, and there is a %90 chance of showers during the game. I remember game 6 of the 1982 World Series, with the over 5 hour rain delay, the game not postponed, courtesy of Bowie Kuhn. There was a banner hanging up in the right field terrace, and NBC showed it, the banner said "Don't let the rainwater get in your Budweiser, or it will end up tasting like that crap they brew in Milwaukee": :lol: :lol:

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 am

Two down one to go! Went to Joey B's on "Dago Hill" to watch game 3 with a college buddy! Got there at games start, and there was a homeless man who was sitting at the bar, who had 6 shots of Crown, and beers. He gave the bartender a bogus credit card, and told her he was not feeling well, and went outside to lay down. The manager went out there, and the homeless guy told him he fell and to call a ambulance. The paramedics showed up, and they were as pissed off as the manager. Kiss his $40+ tab goodby! :evil: Why they didn't call the cops is beyond me.......