Arrive Jan 20, 4:30 AM - Questions

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

PVCooper
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Arrive Jan 20, 4:30 AM - Questions

Post by PVCooper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi There,
I have been to PV a number of times, this will be my 12 visit to my second home :). I do however have a couple questions:

1) As I am arriving at 430 AM, will there be taxi's across the street over the bridge at that time (sito 30 i believe)?

2) At that time, where can I snag some beer? I know this will have to be done under the radar however, it needs to be done:)

Thanks in advance people.

Cooper

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good question...

Post by webmaster » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 am

I expect there will be taxis all night long.

Drinking beer at 4:30AM... that sounds like fun... ;-)

Greetings

Mogens

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 am

The stores are not allowed to sell beer at 4:30 a.m. So unless you know someone down there that can buy it for you before you get there I don't think you will find it at 4:30 a.m. The stores can lose their license if they get caught selling it after hours.

There have been recent reports that there is now a taxi union representative across the bridge with a clipboard giving the quotes on all the taxis and he is quoting the same price as the airport taxis.

I haven't seen this (it as been reported on a couple of other forums) as I don't often need to take a taxi and when I do I refuse to haul all my stuff across the bridge to save what amounts to the cost of a drink. :D

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting

Post by webmaster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:04 am

Never tried it myself, buying beers so late/early...

The taxi union issue sounds abusive... but I've never tried it, have always been picked up at the airport. Then the only use would be if you take the bus.

Greetings

M.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:08 am

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. The info I posted about the taxis across the pedestrian bridge at the airport was from TA. Two people have posted on TA this weekend that they crossed the bridge and paid 1/2 what the airport taxi's charge.

I tend to believe the posters from this weekend, so if it is worth hauling you luggage across the bridge, go for it. One of the to people that posted did carry-on only, which makes it a lot easier.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure

Post by webmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 am

Sure, carry-on is the only way, with luggage, why bother.

M.