Billikens Climbing BracketVille Beanstalk!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Billikens Climbing BracketVille Beanstalk!

Post by Uecker_seats » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Wow I DN if anyone has looked at the NCAA men's basketball RPI rankings, but my mighty lil' Saint Louis University Billikens have achieved a national ranking of 16, 15 in the coaches poll! This is the highest they have been ranked since the mid 1950's. Last year they were 1 win away from the Sweet 16, and I know this may sound super wishful, but if they can pull a #5 seed going into the tourney……..MAYBE a shot at a Final 4 appearance? I was in Cancun when the Cards clinched in 2011, and IF they get a Final 4 here, well lets just say I was grateful to be around friends and family then, 2 bar rooms cleared sucessfully at the all inclusive I stay at :twisted: . Maybe if I buy the beer for the Billikens and if they get close , the home boys can keep me on my street! As for jack's team, that can't win on the road, they are about to be dropped from the beanstalk like a rotten
froot!
MIZ-ROT :lol: :(

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 am

Currently taking cheep plastic spoon donations from friends, family and neighbors, to plant a extended "Spoon Garden" for March Madness. This time honored tradition began in the early 1990's with Coach Charlie Spoonhour and the "Spoonball" era. As a tribute to our beloved late great Bills coach, Saint Louis University students aggressively begin to plant thousands of plastic spoons on campus as tourney time advances, often makimg fancy designs and spelling out words. This year I will plant not only in my front yard, but both shared side yards with congenial neighbors. I think one thing I am going to spell out this year is "THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER" In honor of our Aussie forward and our Aussie center. GO BILLS

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:52 am

for the first time since 1971 the Billikens are conferance champions! 8)
Bye in the first round of the A10 Tourney/SLU plays winner of Charlotte/Xavier after that...
spoongarten/ :wink: funk'ngruuvin :idea:
GO BILLS GO BILLS!!!!

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 am

Latest St Louis sports news: Billikens ranked # 16, projected a #5 seed in the big dance~WOW. From spring training in Vatican City: Cardinalls: 115, Padre O,, bottom first, Pad's starter "Eggs" Benedict battered in 2/3 of a inning, with Father Timothy "Happy" Dolan warming up in the pen with sights on being the most famous native St Louisian in the post season since David Freese! 8) :lol:
*(BTW Vegas has Bono from U2 as being next Pope as 1000/1 odds. Go for it.

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:14 pm

White smoke now billowing from the chimney at the Sistine Chapel! Just a matter of time before we find out. Someone was saying if orange smoke started pouring out, that would have meant that Carrot Top was chosen :lol:

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

??

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am

And it was an Argentinian Pope... http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/ ... 5P20130314

Interesting... though in America they are even more conservative than in Europe. When will they stop fostering (festering) human demographic growth.

Someday soon, we can only hope...

M.

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:43 pm

When I first heard the new Papa's last name, I thought Ernie Broglio, who was traded to the CUBS for Lou Brock in one of the most lopsided trades ever, and I got to thinking that Albert "Red" Schoendiest might have got gyped out because he is the oldest living Cardinal at 90, with the passing of Stan The Man at 92 a few months ago, JPII and Stanley were tight, got him to visit The Lou, even got invited to the Vatican, because they were both Poles~seriously.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

BTW

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:46 pm

BTW, when I say America, I am talking about America, not USA.

In Chile I am sure they are saying it's the end of times, specially with Pope from Argentina, if they were all puffed up with Marranona, with a pope no one will be able to stand them any more ;-)

M.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 pm

My Mexican friend says it is bound to be better than another European Pope. We shall see if she is right...