High season winding down...

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
High season winding down...

Post by Uecker_seats » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Happy Easter! We had a 12.4 BLIZZARD here on Palm Sunday, is almost mostly melted now but still lower then normal temps here now and expected for the next 10 days plus! Four days till the start of MLB, and March Madness!!! David Letterman said on his monologue last night that this time last year New Jersey Governor Chris Christie had to be rushed to the emergency room to have a Peep extracted! Ahahahahaha! One of my favorite Easter stories involves Fred Mac Murray, one of the most infamous skinflints in the history of Hollywood. "My Three Sons" costar William Demarest "Uncle Charley" used to recall for years how MacMurrary used to brown bag it in the studio commissary and would brin g in dyed hard boiled Easter eggs for months after the holiday "so they would't go to waste", despite being a multi millionaire and owning about half of Orange County's real estate! Mac Murray, Rudy Vallee and Paul Winchell were all pals, sort of a "poor man's" Rat Pack back in the late 60's, Used to get together for lunch/dinner often, and when the check came to the table Fred and Rudy would conveniently be in the bathroom, or had forgotten their wallets. Winch was a good guy so he always just laughed off picking up the tab. Speaking of skinflints, exit the spring breakers, who are really cheap, especially when it comes to tipping at a AI, and enter the national tourist this weekend~ The El Cheepos, who not only don't spend one thin peso on holiday, but who NEVER tip, ever. That has GOT to be a super rough ending to the profitable high season!? Many, many times, like dozens, starting when I stayed at the Royal Decameron in the very early 2000's, Mexican national tourists get served first when ordering drinks at the resorts bars. Several times I have been standing with USD bills or peso notes in hand waiting for a drink, but when a Mexican national tourist comes up to the bar, he gets served first, and NEVER tips! I have yet to see this in my approx. 8 trips to the Yucatan in the last 6 years, but, I find the bar service to be far superior there, not only at the AI resorts, but also the private bars/restaurants in town, as well as the animation teams at the AI resorts. Just a observation, but a pretty big noticeable difference too. A friend of mine who used to be entertainment director at my favorite AI resort in the south end of the hotel zone in Cancun, and is now getting ready for a series of melanoma skin cancer treatments (please pray for him, his name is Chinos) and he used to travel all over the Carribean and central America back in the day training the animation and bar staffs in resorts throughout the region. Guys like Chinos are rare, he needs to get well and head to PV to "shake it up". Change is a good thing, never forget that. Get well soon buddy, lots of your friends, family and coworkers are really pulling for you!

So what is the best part of having Alzheimer's on Easter? You can hide your own eggs!