D.M.M.

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
D.M.M.

Post by Uecker_seats » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Mooooooo......The void of good concerts seems to be coming to a end in the olde sleepy towne with The Dead Milkmen doing a club gig here next Saturday night!! Hooray! Looks like it's the original band too. I'm taking by Beelzebubba album to get autographed, it has two fantasctic licks on it, "Stuart" and "Punk Rock Girl", just anouther garage band from the late 80's that were able to get a record contract. I love this kind of music, it's so innovative. Here's anouther thing. Try releasing "Stuart" nowdays, and with lyrics like this there would be a huge howling outcry of Political Correctness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6Ebey458Q

Cannot wait for this one!! On a much sader note, my date last year for the RHCP concert here, Susie passed away in April. Farewell Suze, when we see 'em again on The Other Side, they might actually hear us screaming out to play "Scar Tissue", and maybe they will :wink:

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 pm

SOLD THE €¥¢® OUT!!!!!! DAAAAAMN! Ian Anderson preforms Thick as a Bric parts 1 and 2, an A Passion Play Edit 1 at The Peabody Opera House SOLD OUT. Not supprising in this town. Thanks KSHE 95!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:15 am

I'd skip the Dead Dead Milkmen (prefer Billy Bragg in that style, or The Pogues); but Ian, that's a treat, saw Jethro in GDL some years ago, great show, great songs, excellent!

Greets

Mogens

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Yea Mogens, the season for good concerts is coming up for sure! I have a friend by the name of Oliver Johnson, he gigs every Thursday at The Hideaway Piano Bar near my bungalow here in SW city. I've known Oliver for over 25 years, when he was the front man for Tommy Bankhead's Blues El Dorado's. Oliver is hella talented, sings, plays keyboard and trumpet (sometimes both at once) and dances. He's a direct descendent or Robert Johnson, and toured the world with The Albert King Band as Alberts band director! He also has played with Gladys Knight and the Pips, Chuck Berry, and Ike Turner. He told me when he was a kid growing up in East St Louis, he used to come home from school and Ike Turner would be shitfaced drunk passed out on the couch in his house! He studied trumpet under Cout Basie's t rumpet player. Kinda lost touch with Oliver after Tommy's funeral, which I was a paulbearer at, untill he started playing the Hideaway on Thursdays, a buzy day for me, hoops nite at the church gym with the home boys. Anyway, here is a real gem I found on the allmighty Youtube, Albert King and the Great Stevie Ray Vaughan. Albert didn't restring that Flying V, he plays backwards, thus creating a kick a$$ unique sound. Enjoy! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qBxol3Lx0

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good

Post by webmaster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Like Robert Johnson, Vaughn and the Blues biggies. Lots of big names in your story, cool :-)

Greets

Mogens

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:58 pm

HEY! I wasn't able to get ticket for this show, but I did go down to the club they were playing at and got them to sign my LP! Having a difficult time attaching a pic, Mogens plz check you emails ank kindly attach the pitctur? It a 'goodin![/code][/quote][/url]

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm

OK finally figured it out: :twisted:

theres dudes are original members and nice guys, from Philly to!
Notice my cards World Series hat and Pto Vallarta FBI shirt, stylin' Dean said they had to sign because I was with the FBI BUSTED!

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Uecke ... 8539787724

Left to right: Dean Clean, drums, Da Ueck, punk Garage Band Viynl Junkie, Rodney Anonymous, vocals, keyboards and vending machine.
Got Bezulbubba signed. All inscribed the album to me, Rodney adding "Todd this is my dad!>>> Stll alive to. Bitchin! Forgot to ask 'em who hell Stuart was ....V-|

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Great rockin' stuff here, pretty unlikely pair TURN IT UP!!!! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tu1dVvXpWE