"Smithville, IL, we have some problems......."

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
"Smithville, IL, we have some problems......."

Post by Uecker_seats » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Goodness Gracious. What a time last Saturday here in the Midwest. Survived the 2nd annual TTR reunion! Youza! This years party is one of the best I have been to in a long while (since I was in Cancun for game 7 of the 2011 World Series!). So, after we leave the bar, everyone is chillin' by the pool. Out on the porch walks The Man. The Myth. The Legend in His Own Mind. CHINOS!!! _O_ , the one and only, my buddy! The host and hostess of the party fley him in for a long weekend! Haven't seen him in just about 4 years as he no longer works at the resort, what a nice supprise!He is courageously fighting melanoma, and has lost some weight, but his sprit is amazing Lots of people care for the guy. He used to bring in over %40 of the business to that property, and has made tons of friends over the last 20 years or so, good friends! So, by mutual agreement by all in attendace at the party, and not to incriminate in any way, picture posting will be extremely limited and precious, think of these as some cherished polished gems. Here is the first of a very limited few:

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Uecke ... 9324347833

This picture is ironic as hell. I apologize for the Anheuser tumor hanngin' round from the winter, kinda like Harry Chapin here, gotta tire round the middle from 'sittin down (and I guess it will never go away?), but hey I just turned 50 and just now to like back %100 to my olde Ueck self after my near fatal crash, losiento. There were tons of coolers with all kinds of beers in it, I DN where Chinos got that Miller Lite tallboy, that's the beer Mr Baseball made allot of money off of, sitting in the cheep seats! Ugh. More pics and party details to follow......... :twisted: 8)

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Wow caliente here today 101f heat index! Cool front moving in late Saturday night! OK here goes. Here are two more pictures of the TTR Annual Summer Reunion's "Special Guest Star" [rocks] . I make this reference to the late great Johnathan Taylor of 1960's scifi TV series "Lost In Space" Dr Zachary Smith, who even though was just cast for the unaired piolet episode, and maybe one or two episodes thereafter, but due to the popularity of his character it was made a permament addition the series, the producers decided to still leave the "SGS" in the shows intro, as a tribute to Taylor! Here is a tribute to one of the funniest guys I've ever met. He really gets the crowd going with the wireless mike, pure hilarity! Away from the show one of the most humble and sincere persons you will ever meet. The first pic is his response to Cubs and Dodgers fans across this great nation (listen up Bobby and (Skid)Mark Wefelmeyer (SOCAL BLURETARDATIONS :lol: ) The hat was a gift from me! The second is called Chinos of the Corn(flake). I cannot tell you how neat it was to see my old friend, a good friend. He is a scrapper and is beating a horrible mellanoma battle, he is a tough little guy, lots of folks prayin' for him across the globe! I may have few more pics to post, but honestly it was agreed by all in attendance that pictures would remain for the most part private. You'll be told to cover up in PV, but in Smithville RFD, the ladies stop the grinnin and drop the linen :P Lots of very well to do, professional prestigious people whom I respect and am glad to have been aquainted with through this fantastic Carribean property!

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Uecke ... 0836016222

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Uecke ... 8635409826

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:18 am

Get well soon Brenda (BZ1) you are a great ambassator and a ray of sunshine on the whole town of PV, please get well soon. Something tells me with all your spunk your a fighter. Hang in there! The group I meet in Cancun is meeting there in less then three weeks, can't make it this time to a hectic work schedule , but will see all my family and friends at my Home away from home" TTR south hotel zone JANUARY! Chinos "North American Tour, Summer '13" made a stop in the Big Eazy the second week of September, with all proceeds going to The Make A Wish Foundation. Good job guys! He is beating a horrible melanoma, and is a real scrapper. When you get in a severe life threatening medical condition, faith can show you how tough you can really be. Ever since my near fatal accident 2 1/2 years ago, and my second chance at life, I am even grateful for the bad days.