Jumpin' Jack Flash at 70!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Jumpin' Jack Flash at 70!

Post by Uecker_seats » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Oh Oh. Look who hits the big seven~ O today, none other then one half of the Glimmer Twins, Sir Mick Jagger! Of all the concerts I've been to over the years,(which is alot, starting with KISS at the old Checkerdome, 1975!) The Stones have always turned out the best live show I have seen, including the last time they played The Lou~ January of 2006, the "Bigger Bang" tour. These guys get so much better with age, wich is usually not the case now with the Rock and Roll lifestyle. And yes, it is a complete urban myth that Keith Richards has 2 separate total blood transfusions to cleanse all of the drugs out of his system in the 1970's*(not to be confused with their LP "Sucking in the 70's) Somehow I don't see a Sir Keith, (or Sir Ringo for that matter) being Knighted anytime in the near future. One of my all time favorite bands, and my favorite band story is when Sir Mick referred to Charlie Watts as "his drummer". at a presser once. When Charlie got wind of it, he kicked in the door to Jaggers hotel room and all hell broke loose. Exile on Main Street. :evil:

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sold out

Post by webmaster » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Keith will of course not be a ridiculous "sir" because he won't accept it, not like prissy Jagger who sold out and is like McCartney, so full of himself.

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Sir Reginald Dwight Elton John would certainly fit the bill on selling out. As he gets older and the rug on the top of his head is more noticible, he has grown into a olde, bitchy queen, lots of vulgarity twards the press and autograph seekers, espcially when he has been drinking. I was just going through some of my old concert tix stubs and came upon "The Kool Soul and Jazz Fest", old Busch Stadium August, 1981, headlined by Stevie Wonder! I remember when he was playing "Yesteryou, Yesterme, Yesterday", he started swinging his head back and forth like he does when he stars 'groovin, and swang so hard falling off the piano stool! The roadies got him back on there, Stevie laughed and the band kept playing, he didn't miss a freakin' beat! This was shortly before he recorded and released his highly acclaimed double live album "I Feel London, I Feel France, I Feel Sally's Underpants" E)E :lol:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 am

I've always loved the Stones... saw them twice, first time in 75 in Toronto, and in Regina back in 2006.... They still have that 'class' that other groups don't. I would love to see Elton live... I guess I did back in the 70's when I went to a T-Rex concert in Edmonton... the video has Elton as the piano player before he became famous... who knew.