"The Kid" beats The Streak at 7 games!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
"The Kid" beats The Streak at 7 games!

Post by Uecker_seats » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Hooray!! Joe “The Kid” Kelly finally breaks through to slam the door to beat the Cards 7 game loosing streak!!!!! Also the Cardinals offer up a extra treat and makes winners of all those in the 13 run pool, Redbirds prevail 13-0!!. Last time they lost a 5 game series against the Pirates was in 1908. Glad that didn’t get broken! Kelly is the overall best athlete on the team, and aside from the NBA because of the height thing, could successfully compete and any pro league sport , he’s that good. Plus, he never knows when he is going to be called on to start, the # 5 role in the rotation which has been the consummate “Achilles Heel” for the team all season long ~so far. Plus one of the hottest hitters in the baseball is on the DL, Yadier Molina. You have not lived until you receive numerous harassing text messages at 5AM from those retarted asshat LA Dodger’s fan brothers who wish they could claim Tommy Lasorda as their Godfather, and whose franchise’s marquee player is a rude, overrated Cuban that needs to learn some respect for the game . The Weflemeyer brothers need to join the Menendez brothers out there at the Hollywood Hilton, they would have more than a few things to talk about besides their beloved Dodgers…. :shock: :roll: :lol:

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Great show on the NBC affiliate here on The Gashouse Gang! This team is regarded ony being second best ever all time, only behind the mighty 1927 New York Yankees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9cvGAXpiDc

The old Bush Stadium had "No Pepper" spray painted in stenciled just to the right or the Cardinals dugout, that game's name being attributed to Pepper Martin. This team not only was hella talanted, but rich in character. Both Martin and Dizzy Dean were relativly young men when they died. I was fortunite to meet Leo "The Lip" Durocher at a card show about a year before he died, the only member of this team I ever met personally. His autograph line was slower then Ernie Banks, Banks known to be chatty, The Lip kept dosing off after they wheeled him in and propped him up. I got a ball and a picture signed, I wish I could have met him 15 years earlier, he was a real firecracker. I shook his wrinkley old hand. Niceist Hall of Famer I ever met and visited with at a card show has to be Ferguson Jenkins. Total class act. Biggest asshat, the late Catfish Hunter, rude.