Roy Horn was no lesson

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Roy Horn was no lesson

Post by Uecker_seats » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 am

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7rZTZBOrqQ

I've sen some pretty crazy stuff, but....People that is a WILD ANIMAL! Not only is it over 600#, It could gore the guy to death in a heartbeat! I was allways supprised how close they used to parade those big cats through the showroom in Vegas, like less then 5 feet from people sitting at cocktail tables, paying $92.00 (no drinks included) for less then 90 mins of mediocre magic. The best part of the show were the topless showgirs, much to my new bride's chagrin on our honeymoon, who INSISTED on going! Too bad Redd Foxx had passed a year prior, he would have been worth a buck EZ, espcially after a few strong drinks! We have one of the finest zoo's in the whole country right here in St Louis, located in 1800+ acre Forest Park, the best municipal park on the country, and our zoo's admisson is still FREE!.I remeber yeras ago, late 60's I was there with my family, maybe 6 years old and I remember my dad pointing out Marlin Perkins, the zoo's director at the time and host of the hugely popular "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom", sitting there in his safari's at a picnic table by a concession stand eating lunch! There is a old slide picture somewhere I need to dig up for that. From everything I've heard and read about him, a St Louis native, he was a real stand up guy and was pretty smart too, good friends with Bob Barker. Don't forget to spay and neuter! The StL Zoo has since added "Marlin Perkins Plaza, whicch is close to where I saw him as a kid, and he is enshrined with a life size statue of him with a chimp. Go see it for free if your ever in town!