TVLand Icon's farewell

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
TVLand Icon's farewell

Post by Uecker_seats » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Notable sad passings last wek with late 1960s pop icons Reuben Kinkaid from the Partride Family, and Russel Johnson, The Professor from Gilligan Island. I remember playing trivial pursuit in the 1980's and one of the questions on the card was :"What was The Professor's name on Gilligan's Island? Answer: Roy hinkiley. Johnson liked to be 92 and by all accounts a nice, likeable guy who was fun to work with on the st. Reuben Kinkaid was one of thos characters I allways felt sorry for, mostly due to the fact he was cast as being the "foil" for Danny Bonnaduchie. Not only would that have to be a b*tch to work with that red headed creature on the set to begin with, but also having your legiacy going down being assoicated with him. Eeks. Rumor has it that marijuahana smoking was introduced to the cast of Gilligan's Island when The Harlem Globtrottes visited, all recorded in a shocking documentary.. You gotta take you hat off to a guy who tries to fix a cheep transistor radio with a pineapple. Here is a rarely seen outake with Roy and Ginger, and before anyone gets uptight and screams Political Correctness, I'm sure both Reuben and The Professor did/would have found this quite amusing :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTsoY9PfK0Q