Into the NCAA Div. 1 TOP TEN!!!!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Into the NCAA Div. 1 TOP TEN!!!!

Post by Uecker_seats » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:39 pm

You Know, I remember when I was a kid, and Ric “The Nature Boy” Flair was like 8 time world heavyweight wrasslin’ champion, and was always “stylin’ and profiling”, the ring announcers always used to talk about how long this guy could stay on the top, with his lifestyle, Lear Jets, champagne, and gorgeous women. Nature Boy and Dick Murdolph really used to piss me off in those days. Now here the media is talking about :”How long can the SLU Billikens stay in the top 10?” Come on guys, give me a break, only sports writers in Philly or Bean Town would comment on something like that. It is truly a spectacular run for this team, 17 wins in a row and counting! Also one of only 3 nationally contending teams to be starting 5 seniors, qute apparent this season is as good as ever to get the job done! Like with my beloved RedBirds, now is THE BEST time to be a SLU Billikens fan! I went to the SLU/VCU game last Saturday afternoon, and I gotta tell you Bracketville is alive and well here. Sold out, tickets at a PREMIUM. Fortunately I was able to get a decent seat for $30! For years, even though the Spoonball era, I have NEVER seen the fan base so pumped, beginning with the introduction of the SLU players, with the house lights down and the spotlight on the Billiken mascot, dancing, and sporting his “Billiken White Out” SGA Tshirt given to all fans! The crowd was PUMPED, I still have energy from this! Unbeknownst to me, Coach Knight was in house doing color commentary for ESPN, and I wasn’t even drinkin’ yet because of the 1pm tipoff! DAMN another autograph opp down the drain, that would be the only way I would want to encounter Coach, no pre beers that would have made me primed for that encounter! IF we can run the conference tourney again this season, I’m thinking as a high as a #3 seed in the big dance. Miracles, SLU Baby Blues, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. This one is for the two great coaches we lost last year, Charlie Spoonhour and Rick Majerus. I haven’t felt this excited about my team since I was a little kid, when the Billikens played and the now defunct Kiel Auditorium, and Dayton was our biggest rival and you could still get $3 tickets. Also loved the old Spirits of St Louis, from the old ABA days. I was never good enough to play in college, which I really believe is a God given gift. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILLS!

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

steam rollin' into Pittsburgh!

Post by Uecker_seats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:32 am

Hosting Duchesne tonight at The Jewel of Midtown, if they win it will be #20 in a row! OUTSTANDING! Still holding on the #10 spot in the AP rankings, #8 in the coaches poll! On NBC Sports NW 7pm CDT tipoff, check it out. The Missouri Tigers and coach Frank Haith are withering away in obscurity, rough season for those guys, even for a SEC team........NOW I'M TALKIN' SOME SMACK, jack! :shock: :lol: :lol: