Her Name Was Lola, she was a showgirl…..

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Her Name Was Lola, she was a showgirl…..

Post by Uecker_seats » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Always had mixed feelings about Barry Manalow, great songwriter but a very strange (and rich) guy. When in Cancun last October, @ Patti O’s which is the main open air bar at TTR resort, they did a mashup 70’s night with “Copacabana” in the mix, and I will have admit it was fun dancing, in fact it’s a blast dancing any night at Patty O’s , party people lemme tell ya!! So with US diplomatic relations now opening now with Cuba *(and one would expect much easier for radical expats who should apply for citizenship and move there “free and open” RIGHT!!!!!), it would appear that both of Mexico’s top 2 tourist destinations, Cancun and Pto Vallarta, will have new competition when it comes to travel choices. Personally, I would love to go, despite only 5-10% of the population having internet access they still have the highest adult literacy rate in the western hemisphere, like 97.8%! Heard the food is good and the women are gorgeous on that island too! Just gotta make sure that they don’t try to give you the “Ricky Ricardo Suite”! I know it would be a million to one shot, But if you could get access to Papa Fidel, I'll bet he's a personable enough kind of guy he would sign a baseball for you if you handed him one and asked!

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:04 am

I don't think they'll be letting you go there for quite some time yet. In the meantime us Canadians can continue enjoying their hospitality albeit the price will most likely rise due to that supply and demand s*** in economic theory. We have a week in PV in January and another in Cuba (Varadero) late February.

Beautiful beaches, beautiful people, limited selection of booze and soft drinks, and quite frankly food that you might not enjoy until you have become accustomed to...